From: Troels Arvin on
Hello,

In a generation 7 DB2 database, I need to adjust the counter for the next
GENERATED ALWAYS AS IDENTITY value for a table. But I can't make it work:

db2 "ALTER TABLE remindervalue ALTER COLUMN id RESTART WITH 923"

DB21034E The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was
not a valid Command Line Processor command. During SQL processing it
returned:
SQL0104N An unexpected token "RESTART WITH 923" was found following "ALUE
ALTER COLUMN id". Expected tokens may include: "<space>". SQLSTATE=42601

db2level
DB21085I Instance "db2inst1" uses DB2 code release "SQL07010" with level
identifier "02010105" and informational tokens "DB2 v7.1.0", "s000510"
and "".

How are such counters adjusted in DB2 generation 7?

(And please don't bully me regarding the old software which I currently
have to work with...)

--
Troels
From: Troels Arvin on
Hello,

Earlier, I wrote:
> In a generation 7 DB2 database, I need to adjust the counter for the
> next GENERATED ALWAYS AS IDENTITY value for a table. But I can't make it
> work
[...]

I installed FP3 for DB2 v. 7.1, and then the "ALTER TABLE ... ALTER
COLUMN ... RESTART ..." syntax worked.

--
Troels
From: Serge Rielau on
On 8/12/2010 10:57 AM, Troels Arvin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Earlier, I wrote:
>> In a generation 7 DB2 database, I need to adjust the counter for the
>> next GENERATED ALWAYS AS IDENTITY value for a table. But I can't make it
>> work
> [...]
>
> I installed FP3 for DB2 v. 7.1, and then the "ALTER TABLE ... ALTER
> COLUMN ... RESTART ..." syntax worked.

I think 7.1 FP3 = 7.2. Seems like we added it then. That's a loooong
time ago.

--
Serge Rielau
SQL Architect DB2 for LUW