From: Corsair on
I've tried this, but other way is that I have no room to do it,
as is not listed in the Start up folder, it goes straight to the
registry and could not say that run as administrator, but done
with the normal program and every time is started user always
prompted for privileges.

Corsair

mensaje de noticias:09BC54BF-C642-42C2-818B-4FB739DB09DA(a)microsoft.com...

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
Why not just uninstall CCleaner? It provides no useful service, and clearly
isn't well behaved. Personally, I avoid programs that claim to do what
CCleaner claims to do like the plague. The LAST thinkg I want is an
application that "cleans" my system, automatically. Windows doesn't need
cleaning, thank you, and if it I want to remove something, I want to know
exactly what is being removed. And why. And how.

From: Jeff Gaines on
On 28/06/2010 in message
<51DFBF23-78F0-4EBC-819B-155983F8FB67(a)microsoft.com> Charlie Russel - MVP
wrote:

>Why not just uninstall CCleaner? It provides no useful service, and
>clearly isn't well behaved. Personally, I avoid programs that claim to do
>what CCleaner claims to do like the plague. The LAST thinkg I want is an
>application that "cleans" my system, automatically. Windows doesn't need
>cleaning, thank you, and if it I want to remove something, I want to know
>exactly what is being removed. And why. And how.

It is the best temp file remover and registry cleaner around by a million
miles. It is excellent at removing redundant registry entries that
un-installers leave behind, MSFT seem particularly bad at not cleaning up
after an un-install.

It runs fine on x32 and x64 Windows, the issue with Win 7 is UAC, it needs
to be turned off to enable the user to get control of his/her OS back.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who do binary and those
From: Jeff Gaines on
On 28/06/2010 in message <#hCBqMtFLHA.4120(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl> Bobby
Johnson wrote:

>CCleaner also removes some files you don't want removed. I tried it on my
>computer and it removed some files that really messed up a few programs.
>
>I'm with Charlie on this one - stay away from it!

I've been using it for years and never had a problem. It's a pity MSFT
provide things like video editors and media players instead of some decent
tools for keeping the OS clean.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day.
From: Kue2 on
Hi Jeff
been using it for a couple years "excellent program" I agree with you on
this one.