|  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Windows Fax & Scan
I am running Win7 x64 and need help: How do I change the modem I want to use in WFScan? ... 13 Aug 2010 17:58
Files saved from web-site can't be found
New Windows 7 64bit laptop. I went to my favorite genealogy site and used their "save" button to save a scanned document. I created a library on the laptop and saved it there. I then went into explorer to look for it and open it but it wasn't there. I tried saving it again but it showed me it was already th... 13 Aug 2010 10:19
Office 7: There is no email program associated to perform the requested action
Running Win 7 X64 and recently started getting the following error when attempting to create envelopes: When in Outlook 2007 and I click on Mailings/Envelopes/Delivery Address Icon, I get the message "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if o... 13 Aug 2010 09:13
Ahh . . . those pesky defaults
Whenever I click on a picture to download into a folder (I used to call it 'Directory') on my Windows 7 64-bit OS while in MS Internet Explorer 8, the picture is automatically saved in a Windows 7 DEFAULT folder, usually in USERS something or other. I want to be able to change this DEFAULT to a folder of MY choi... 12 Aug 2010 17:00
No sound after sleep
Whenever I put my computer into sleep mode it restarts with no sound. I have the latest drivers installed and all Windows updates. If I start Media Player and click on a music track I get an error message saying there is an error with my sound device, there might not be one, it might be in use by another pro... 12 Aug 2010 12:35
Must assign drive letter to hidden partition in order to Hibernate (win 7 x64)
This is something that should be taken to Lenovo Technical Support. I have two laptops and neither of them have problems hibernating with Windows 7; one is 32-bit and one is 64-bit - An Asus and a Dell with no drive letter assigned to the System Reserved partition on either of them. On 2010-08-11 11:12, Ale... 11 Aug 2010 18:04
User ID
... 12 Aug 2010 12:35
Must assign drive letter to hidden partition in order to Hibernate(win 7 x64)
Hi Folks, My machine is unable to hibernate: when I try, it cranks the HDD for 10-15 seconds, beeps, and then brings me to the login screen (it's as if i've just locked my screen). If I assign a drive letter to the win 7 hidden partition, hibernation works again. I can un-assign the drive letter in the same s... 11 Aug 2010 11:28
32 bit version of MSIE 8 is corrupted
I'm running 64bit WIN 7 and I believe that my 32bit version of MSIE 8 has been corrupted. My 64bit version of MSIE 8 is fine. How can I delete and replace my 32bit version of MSIE 8? ... 12 Aug 2010 15:54
algún grupo en español
... 9 Aug 2010 15:42
microsoft Office Newsgroups?
Does anyone know whether Microsoft will continue to have newsgroups for Office 2010? My news server, news.individual.net doesn't seem to be showing any microsoft.public.office2010 of any of the programs. Are they available on a different server? Thanks. Louise ... 10 Aug 2010 00:29
Silent Failure of Applications
On 7/8/2010 6:57 AM, Jeff Gaines wrote: I am making a serious attempt to use Win7-x64 although something happens nearly every day to make me want to go back to XP Pro x64 :-( The latest event is the silent failure of an application to run. It has been working for weeks but last night it just did... 9 Aug 2010 03:36
alt Group For 64 Bit Windows
On 5/20/2010 12:12 PM, Phoenix wrote: On Thu, 20 May 2010 08:50:26 -0700, Eric Allen <eric-allen(a)peoplepc.com> wrote: On 5/20/2010 8:34 AM, Jeff Gaines wrote: As people may know MSFT are closing their news groups and trying to move people to forums. It's not an attractive option, MSFT... 9 Aug 2010 01:27
Lost my windows installer service
How do I get it back? Is there a place to redownload it. But the problem now is I can't install anything. Thanks ... 8 Aug 2010 12:20
Basic volumes and dynamic volumes
Hi everyone, What are the advantages (or disadvantages) of creating Dynamic volumes instead of Basic volumes? Thanks for all answers! John ... 6 Aug 2010 14:54
Looking for x86-64 bit memory architecture comparison paper
I'd like to read up on how memory paging, swapping and segmentation differ 32 bit and 64 bit windows. Can someone point me to a paper? Thanks. -- Al Dykes News is something someone wants to suppress, everything else is advertising. - Lord Northcliffe, publisher of the Daily Mail ... 6 Aug 2010 01:45
Many page faults in a 32-bit program running under WOW64
Hello, I am using Windows 7 64-bit but I develop a 32-bit application. When It is running, the Windows task manager reports millions of page faults and I am trying to track them to improve performance. The number of page faults reported for the same program using a 32-bit version of Windows is not so big, so it ... 11 Aug 2010 07:07
Using 32 bit ODBC driver in x64?
I ran into this same problem with having a 32 bit application that needed to run on a x64 Server. I unregistered the database from the x64 ODBC and then registered the database using the x86 ODBC driver. Does anyone know if there would be a degration of performance when others connect to the server and the server is... 5 Aug 2010 15:48
GPT Partition Table on Windows 7?
Hi everyone, Did I understand that right? MBR is the standard Partition Table for Windows and only can be used for the Hard disks WITH Windows on it. However the GUID Partition Table (GPT) be used ONLY for additional Hard disks under Windows? I THINK only MACs and Linux can be installed on a GUID ... 8 Aug 2010 10:09
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11