From: ragmaniac on
Whenever I click on a picture to download into a folder (I used to
call it 'Directory')
on my Windows 7 64-bit OS while in MS Internet Explorer 8,
the picture is automatically saved in a Windows 7 DEFAULT folder,
usually in USERS something or other.

I want to be able to change this DEFAULT to a folder of MY choice so
that these picture downloads are always AUTOMATICALLY placed into MY
choice of default folder as long as I don't change it to something
else. How?

ALSO, ON A DIFFERENT SUBJECT: Whenever I open any Windows 7 window on
any disk drive, the character length of each column is predetermined
automatically by the Windows 7 system, unless I change it with the
Choose Details pull down. This is not a good option because I would
have to do it for each window I open, driving me nuts. I want to be
able to change this automatic character length default for ALL
columns
in ALL windows PERMANENTLY. How?

Thank you for any answers.

From: Carlos on
Hi,
Let's start with the default download folder issue.
Start, right click on Downloads.
Choose Properties, then Location tab.
Press the Move button and point it to your desired download folder.
That should do it.
Carlos

From: wilby on
On 8/12/2010 4:24 AM, Carlos wrote:
> Hi,
> Let's start with the default download folder issue.
> Start, right click on Downloads.
> Choose Properties, then Location tab.
> Press the Move button and point it to your desired download folder.
> That should do it.
> Carlos
>
> "ragmaniac" wrote:
>
>> Whenever I click on a picture to download into a folder (I used to
>> call it 'Directory')
>> on my Windows 7 64-bit OS while in MS Internet Explorer 8,
>> the picture is automatically saved in a Windows 7 DEFAULT folder,
>> usually in USERS something or other.
>>
>> I want to be able to change this DEFAULT to a folder of MY choice so
>> that these picture downloads are always AUTOMATICALLY placed into MY
>> choice of default folder as long as I don't change it to something
>> else. How?
>>
>> ALSO, ON A DIFFERENT SUBJECT: Whenever I open any Windows 7 window on
>> any disk drive, the character length of each column is predetermined
>> automatically by the Windows 7 system, unless I change it with the
>> Choose Details pull down. This is not a good option because I would
>> have to do it for each window I open, driving me nuts. I want to be
>> able to change this automatic character length default for ALL
>> columns
>> in ALL windows PERMANENTLY. How?
>>

>> Thank you for any answers.
>>

>> .

Carlos.
I also have this problem with Win 7/64 pro.
Clicking Start doesn't reveal any mention of "downloads". Is there
another way to do this?

Wilby

From: Jeff Layman on
"wilby" <boldaros(a)marchfail.com> wrote in message
> Carlos.
> I also have this problem with Win 7/64 pro.
> Clicking Start doesn't reveal any mention of "downloads". Is there another
> way to do this?
>
> Wilby

You can get to the Downloads folder in Windows Explorer (do not use the one
in Favorites!):
C:\Users\<you>\Downloads. Then follow Carlos's instructions.

--

Jeff

From: Carlos on
wilby,
It is easy, you just have to customize your Start Menu items.
I'm with XP (Spanish) at work now. Procedure for Seven might be similar..
Right click on the Start button, choose Properties, Click on Start Menu
radio button, then click on customize.
There you go.
Carlos