From: Jstjohn8 on
I have a user who is attaching a .pdf file that she created to an e-mail and
everytime it wants to convert that .pdf to a word document. Is there a
preference that needs to be checked/unchecked to stop this prompt from
happening?

Thanks, John
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
is she or the recipient getting the dialog to change it to a doc? Is she
using Acrobat or Reader?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?

From: Jstjohn8 on
She is getting prompted everytime she attempts to attach the .pdf file. When
she "x"s past the prompt, it attaches the .pdf file to the e-mail as a .pdf.
She is using Adobe complete v.8.

Thx, John

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> She is getting prompted everytime she attempts to attach the .pdf file. When
> she "x"s past the prompt, it attaches the .pdf file to the e-mail as a .pdf.
> She is using Adobe complete v.8.

And the title and exact text of the prompt is?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: VanguardLH on
Jstjohn8 wrote:

> I have a user who is attaching a .pdf file that she created to an e-mail and
> everytime it wants to convert that .pdf to a word document. Is there a
> preference that needs to be checked/unchecked to stop this prompt from
> happening?
>
> Thanks, John

Not an Outlook issue. A program or add-on is trying to perform the
automatic conversion. Have your user for whom you are relaying their
problem here run Outlook in its safe mode ("outlook.exe /safe"). That
eliminates the loading of any enabled add-ons that your user installed into
Outlook. Then retest.