From: Andy Faulkner Andy on
I am using the AdvancedFilter technique to filter a large data set.

Everything works fine. I am searching in a particular column for text
matching the following pattern:

="=*TEXT*"

and this works well. However, I need to use this filter to find records
that contain double quote marks: " (the column contains part descriptions
like '17" alloy wheels' and I want to filter out all the ones containing 17")

If I include them in the expression, it doesn't work - I can't work out how
to specify the criteria to include the quote marks. This isn't accepted:

="*17"*"

but any ideas as to what will be accepted?!

Thanks
From: Jacob Skaria on
diPrefix with tilde ~

equals *~"*

or

contains ~"

--
Jacob

From: Andy Faulkner on
Excel won't let me enter that formula. The formula has to be entered like
this:

="=*~"*"

but Excel won't accept that and gives an error in formula.