From: pilaar on
Dear,

I have a MOSS 2007 portal with some subsites. On half of the sites I
cannot enter the "advanced permissions" page anymore. I disabled
custom errors and enabled call stack to have a better error
description then the ms "unknown error".

This is the error i get :

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at
Microsoft.SharePoint.SPRoleDefinitionCollection.Init()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPRoleDefinitionCollection.get_Count()
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.SPRoleDefinitionCollection.GetByIdNoThrow(Int32
id)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPRoleAssignmentCollection.Init()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPRoleAssignmentCollection.Undirty()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPRoleAssignmentCollection.get_Count()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.UserRoles.ListUsers(String
sortExpression)
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.UserRolesDataSource.ListUsers(String
sortExpression)
Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services.

Does anyone have a clue on what I could check to solve this issue?

Kind regards,

Pieter
From: Daniel Bugday on
Did you recently install SP1 for SharePoint 2007?

Follow this steps.. it might help you!

Do an IISReset and if that doesn't fix it, restart the machine.

Daniel Bugday
http://www.sharepointforum.com/
http://www.sharepointforum.com/en-US/Blog/default.aspx

From: pilaar on
Dear Daniel,

Many thanks for your reply.

I did not install SP1 for Sharepoint 2007. I have allready did an
iisreset as well as a reboot but this did not resolv the problem.
Would it help to install SP1? Does this update update the web server
or the database as well?

Kind regards,

Pïeter

From: pilaar on
Small update to this problem.

I checked all the Site Features of my faulty moss installation and
compared these with my development machine and I noticed that the
feature 'SitesList' was not available in my production environment...
I can imagine this causes my problems.

When I try to install the feature again with the -force I get the
message 'Operation completed successfully' but when I try to active
the feature I get the error message 'Invalid list template'.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

From: healyg on
On Feb 5, 1:10 pm, pilaar <pieter.decle...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Small update to this problem.
>
> I checked all the Site Features of my faulty moss installation and
> compared these with my development machine and I noticed that the
> feature 'SitesList' was not available in my production environment...
> I can imagine this causes my problems.
>
> When I try to install the feature again with the -force I get the
> message 'Operation completed successfully' but when I try to active
> the feature I get the error message 'Invalid list template'.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> On 4 feb, 08:41, pilaar <pieter.decle...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Dear Daniel,
>
> > Many thanks for your reply.
>
> > I did not install SP1 for Sharepoint 2007. I have allready did an
> > iisreset as well as a reboot but this did not resolv the problem.
> > Would it help to install SP1? Does this update update the web server
> > or the database as well?
>
> > Kind regards,
>
> > Pïeter
>
> > On 2 feb, 15:32, "Daniel Bugday" <itkons...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Did you recently install SP1 for SharePoint 2007?
>
> > > Follow this steps.. it might help you!
>
> > > Do an IISReset and if that doesn't fix it, restart the machine.
>
> > > Daniel Bugdayhttp://www.sharepointforum.com/http://www.sharepointforum..com/en-US/B...
>
> > > "pilaar" <pieter.decle...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

Hi Pilaar,
I wonder if you got any further with this problem as I am experiencing
similar problems?

Thanks in advance,
Geraldine