From: Funkxtix on
I have a 4-piece band (guit,bass,drum,lead vocal) and we play gigs in
small/medium indoor/outdoor bars & restaurants. I need to purchase a
live sound system to replace the one our old guitarist had.
Portability is important. I am thinking of a pair of Behringer
EUROLIVE B215D active speakers and a Yamaha EMX5016CF powered mixer. I
want the Yamaha because it has enough channels and has compression and
effects built in - I would use the line-level outputs to the PA
speakers and the powered/eq'd outputs to unpowered monitors that we
already have. We also have a powered subwoofer we would drive with
line-level from the Yamaha. Does this setup make sense?
From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Funkxtix" <funkxtix(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a 4-piece band (guit,bass,drum,lead vocal) and we play gigs in
> small/medium indoor/outdoor bars & restaurants. I need to purchase a
> live sound system to replace the one our old guitarist had.
> Portability is important. I am thinking of a pair of Behringer
> EUROLIVE B215D active speakers and a Yamaha EMX5016CF powered mixer. I
> want the Yamaha because it has enough channels and has compression and
> effects built in - I would use the line-level outputs to the PA
> speakers and the powered/eq'd outputs to unpowered monitors that we
> already have. We also have a powered subwoofer we would drive with
> line-level from the Yamaha. Does this setup make sense?

shouldwork, try to get as much instrument amplification through your on
stage amps and keep drum mics down to a kick and a OH
the pa willl mostly do vocal reinforcment
george

Pages: 1
Prev: Stolen Zaxcom Wireless Systems
Next: 700MHZ fun