From: HLCruz via AccessMonster.com on
I have a split database with the BE on the shared drive and the FE on each
users' C: drive. We are using Access 2007.

We upgraded to a new server on Thursday and on Tuesday I was notified by a
user that their command buttons to open various reports were not working.
The error they get is - The OpenReport action was canceled.

I thought perhaps it was related to the trust center, since I had to update
my trusted locations after the new install. I updated the trust center to
the new server location in her copy of Access and I replaced her C: drive FE
copy with a new FE copy. Netiher of these has worked - here are points I
think may be relevant:

1. The user's PC is shared by two users. The users have unique a log-on but
access the same FE C: drive copy.
2. User 1 logs in in the morning and does not have the same problem with the
command buttons, they all work.
3. User 2 logs on in the afternoon and has problems with some of the command
buttons, but not all. Additionally, the database seems to run more slowly
for User 2 and they occasionally get a message box which displays, "There
isn't enough free memory to update the display. Close the unneeded programs
and try again."

Thank you to anyone who can shed some light on this ...
Heather

From: Daniel Pineault on
First off, I do not believe there is any correlation between any server
upgrades and problems relating to your Front-End behavior.

Secondly, I fail to see how 2 users on the same machine can have different
experiences using the same front-end copy?! Something isn't right here.

1. Ensure that the pc in question has all the Windows and Office Update
installed.
2. Redistribute the front-end and give a separate copy to each user (not
each pc), that they place on their desktop (for testing). Then try again.
3. What does the command button do? What is the code behind it? If it
interacts with another program, have you ensured that both user profiles are
the same? Have the same programs installed and same rights?
4. Have you check user permissions (network)?
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault
http://www.cardaconsultants.com/

"HLCruz via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> I have a split database with the BE on the shared drive and the FE on each
> users' C: drive. We are using Access 2007.
>
> We upgraded to a new server on Thursday and on Tuesday I was notified by a
> user that their command buttons to open various reports were not working.
> The error they get is - The OpenReport action was canceled.
>
> I thought perhaps it was related to the trust center, since I had to update
> my trusted locations after the new install. I updated the trust center to
> the new server location in her copy of Access and I replaced her C: drive FE
> copy with a new FE copy. Netiher of these has worked - here are points I
> think may be relevant:
>
> 1. The user's PC is shared by two users. The users have unique a log-on but
> access the same FE C: drive copy.
> 2. User 1 logs in in the morning and does not have the same problem with the
> command buttons, they all work.
> 3. User 2 logs on in the afternoon and has problems with some of the command
> buttons, but not all. Additionally, the database seems to run more slowly
> for User 2 and they occasionally get a message box which displays, "There
> isn't enough free memory to update the display. Close the unneeded programs
> and try again."
>
> Thank you to anyone who can shed some light on this ...
> Heather

> .

Pages: 1
Prev: recording the print date