From: Stephen Quinn on
Tham

> I had successfully converted 70% of my 2.6 to 2.8 and seems like
> running well. However there is a client using a couple of 2.6 apps
> developed by someone else which I do not have the source code. My
> question is what is the best and STABLE method to run all apps under
> both versions in one server.

You can't as each app relies on a different VO-DLL version.

You'll need to look after YOUR apps requirements and if the other app. falls
over then the client needs to contact the developer of that app.
If you start stuffing around with their environment then the client won't be
happy with you at all (the other developer probably won't be either<g>).

If the other app is using the system path then you'll need make your app.
self reliant without using system paths.

CYA
Steve

From: tham chan weng on
Hi Steven

Thanks. I guest there aint much options available. Maybe I will
rewrite those 3rd party apps (they have since cease support) for free.
This is a very good client.

From: Ginny Caughey on
Rewriting important apps that are no longer supported by the original
developer would seem like a smart move for the client.

--

Ginny Caughey
www.wasteworks.com