From: steve.carroll on
In my application just after I call OpenDocumentFile on a doc template
to instantiate a new doc/view frame window, I call AfxMessageBox under
certain conditions. I add the MB_HELP style flag and pass an id for
the help context. It seems however that when I hit the Help button, my
application's help is opened to the section for the newly-created
frame window and not the section I specified as the parameter in
AfxMessageBox. I can't seem to figure out why. I put breakpoints all
over the MFC code relating to help and none of them hit. In
CWinApp::ShowAppMessageBox, either the owner frame's or the app's
m_dwPromptContext is overwritten with the value relating to the
AfxMessageBox parameter help id, but none of the functions that
reference that member is ever hit.

Does anyone know why this is not working? I'm using VS2005.

I saw the KB article about something similar, but it doesn't seem to
help me:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q229964/