From: Daniel A Galant on
I have looked through the posts regarding this error, tried the solutions,
all to no avail. Does anyone have any further info on this situation. The
client involved is Windows XP SP1, (no, for the purpose of what I need to do
I cannot upgreade to SP2) and it is not a member of the domain. The
WindowsUpdate log returns a service expired entry.

Any clues would be appreciated.
--
Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine.
From: smallstool on
This did it for me:

http://www.salfordsoftware.co.uk/support/kb/SKB221

Best of luck