From: pamela.higgins on
Does anyone know how to report this AirSnare coding error to developers?

AirSnare version 1.5.0
Error:
An error has occured while attempting to place the interface in monitor
mode.
Please take the time to report this to us.
Adapter #:(1)Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection
(Microsoft's Packet Scheduler)
Error Num: -2147220982
Error Des: Procedure PacketSetHwFilter failed. Error Code = 0

A friend suggested I download AirSnare to prove which of my neighbors is
connecting to my wireless Internet router so I downloaded AirSnare,
Ethereal, and WinCap as per instructions and installed onto winxp.

Do you know what this error is indicating?
How do we report an error to the AirSnare coding team?
From: Mike on
In message <NAddi.4510$bP5.4344(a)newssvr19.news.prodigy.net>
at 09:45:55 on Sun, 17 Jun 2007, pamela.higgins <pamhiggins43(a)aol.com>
wrote
>Does anyone know how to report this AirSnare coding error to developers?
>
>AirSnare version 1.5.0
>Error:
>An error has occured while attempting to place the interface in monitor
>mode.
>Please take the time to report this to us.
>Adapter #:(1)Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection
> (Microsoft's Packet Scheduler)
>Error Num: -2147220982
>Error Des: Procedure PacketSetHwFilter failed. Error Code = 0
>
>A friend suggested I download AirSnare to prove which of my neighbors is
>connecting to my wireless Internet router so I downloaded AirSnare,
>Ethereal, and WinCap as per instructions and installed onto winxp.
>
>Do you know what this error is indicating?
>How do we report an error to the AirSnare coding team?

If you have the proper protection on, why worry about it?
--
Mike News
From: Pr�th�n on

"pamela.higgins" <pamhiggins43(a)aol.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to report this AirSnare coding error to developers?
>
> AirSnare version 1.5.0
> Error:
> An error has occured while attempting to place the interface in monitor
> mode.
> Please take the time to report this to us.
> Adapter #:(1)Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection
> (Microsoft's Packet Scheduler)
> Error Num: -2147220982
> Error Des: Procedure PacketSetHwFilter failed. Error Code = 0
>
> A friend suggested I download AirSnare to prove which of my neighbors is
> connecting to my wireless Internet router so I downloaded AirSnare,
> Ethereal, and WinCap as per instructions and installed onto winxp.
>
> Do you know what this error is indicating?
> How do we report an error to the AirSnare coding team?

You can contact the developer Jay Deboer on the email address
jaydotdeboeratcomcastdotnet. Just replace the dots and at with the genuine
article!

Stuart

From: Flyer on

"pamela.higgins" <pamhiggins43(a)aol.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to report this AirSnare coding error to developers?
>
> AirSnare version 1.5.0
> Error:
> An error has occured while attempting to place the interface in monitor
> mode.
> Please take the time to report this to us.
> Adapter #:(1)Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection
> (Microsoft's Packet Scheduler)
> Error Num: -2147220982
> Error Des: Procedure PacketSetHwFilter failed. Error Code = 0
>
> A friend suggested I download AirSnare to prove which of my neighbors is
> connecting to my wireless Internet router so I downloaded AirSnare,
> Ethereal, and WinCap as per instructions and installed onto winxp.

Better to employ security on the router to prevent the connection in the 1st
place.

P.

From: Jeff Liebermann on
Mike <turnpike_user(a)turnpike_REMOVEuser.THIScomANDTHIS> hath wroth:

>If you have the proper protection on, why worry about it?

Do you just lock the front door and assume that the lock is in working
order? Do you even look at the lock to check if it's functional? Are
you sure the "proper protection" is working, or perhaps your neighbor
has a spare key?

It's the same with any kind of network security, including wireless.
If you don't monitor the connection, you don't have any clue of what's
moving on your network or who's using it. For example, I've tracked
down a few virus infections to the neighbors using the allegedly
secure wireless connection, and accidentally spreading a virus to open
shares. I've also seen internet performance come to a grinding halt
when the local brat does his file sharing exercises. Without
monitoring, one would never know these things were happening, except
perhaps by the symptoms, which could be attributable to other causes.

As Prez Reagan often said; "Trust, but verify".

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl(a)cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com