From: Elliot Streete on
Hi

Does anyone have issues with the Intel Pro Wireless Software and windows Vista. Cant seem to get the software to work. Constant error message "iconvrtr.exe"
program error. Anyone with a similar problem. Just downloaded the latest Intel software and driver from dell and Intel with the same results.

From: Jeff Liebermann on
"Elliot Streete" <pilotarnim(a)yahoo.com> hath wroth:

>Does anyone have issues with the Intel Pro Wireless Software and windows Vista. Cant seem to get the software to work. Constant error message "iconvrtr.exe"
>program error. Anyone with a similar problem. Just downloaded the latest Intel software and driver from dell and Intel with the same results.

Do you really expect anyone to help if you don't bother to specify the
Dell model, Intel wireless card model, or the source and version of
the driver that you installed?

Incidentally, it's called Intel Proset, not Pro.

Downloads for Windows* XP and Windows Vista*
http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-010623.htm

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl(a)comix.santa-cruz.ca.us
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
From: Andreas Forster on
Terribly sorry. Don't normally use the news groups. My Comp is a Dell Inspiron 1505 with windows Vista Business. My wireless card is the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG. The driver / software version is Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software Version 11.1 for Windows Vista

Thanks

From: John Navas on
On Wed, 2 May 2007 14:25:09 -0400, "Andreas Forster"
<pilotarnim(a)yahoo.com> wrote in <133hlv25om8mgf7(a)corp.supernews.com>:

>Terribly sorry. Don't normally use the news groups. My Comp is a Dell Inspiron 1505 with windows Vista Business. My wireless card is the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG. The driver / software version is Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software Version 11.1 for Windows Vista

Please turn off the HTML in your newsreader (plain text only), and set
hard line wrap at 80 characters or less. Otherwise your posts are too
hard to read in normal newsreaders. Thanks.

--
Best regards, FAQ for Wireless Internet: <http://Wireless.wikia.com>
John Navas FAQ for Wi-Fi: <http://wireless.wikia.com/wiki/Wi-Fi>
From: Jeff Liebermann on
"Andreas Forster" <pilotarnim(a)yahoo.com> hath wroth:

>Terribly sorry. Don't normally use the news groups.

No problem. Your news software isn't wrapping the lines
correctly. I'm seeing one very long line for your message.

>My Comp is a Dell Inspiron 1505 with windows Vista Business.
>My wireless card is the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG.
>The driver / software version is Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless
>Software Version 11.1 for Windows Vista

Thanks. It's current and should work.

Pro3945ABG:
<http://support.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/pro3945abg/index.htm>

Drivers for Vista Pro Business:
<http://downloadcenter.intel.com/scripts-df-external/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=2259&OSFullName=Windows+Vista*+Business%2C+32-bit+version&lang=eng&strOSs=154&submit=Go%21>
11.1.0.86/9.0.4.33 is the current version.

I did some Googling for the specific iconvrtr.exe error and didn't
find anything. My best suggestion is to:
1. Uninstall Proset using add/remove
2. Roll back the operating system using System Restore to before you
installed the new driver and try again. Vista automagically creates a
restore point for every time you install or remove a driver, so you
should be able to easily find the location.
3. If there was an older Dell Proset driver installed (after the
system restore rollback), uninstall it.
4. Reinstall the latest Proset while logged in as administrator. The
"run as adminstrator" seems to have problems with some applications.
Try it this way:
<http://blog.ziffdavis.com/devlife/archive/2007/03/12/49807.aspx>

If that doesn't work, try asking the same question in the Dell Forums.
<http://www.dellcommunity.com>
or try calling Dell support. I searched the forums for various
mutations of "iconvrtr.exe" and didn't find anything. Be sure to
supply the EXACT error message. Do not parphrase. Also, at what
point does the error appear.

There is one Vista issue that you'll probably run into after the error
message goes away.
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928233>
I'm seeing this especially with 802.11b only routers and Vista.