From: Scott Sauyet on
Mechphisto wrote:
> Scott Sauyet wrote:
>> Have you tested in a debugger?  Firebug is pretty helpful.
>
> Well, I used the error console. [ ... ]
> I don't know what firebug tool would help with diagnosing this...any
> ideas?

Firebug has a reasonably good debugger in it. You can load the script
in question, and set a breakpoint, then step through the code from
there. I'm not in general a fan of debuggers, but sometimes they are
far and away the easiest means to find a problem.

> Thanks for replying! I really appreciate it.

I'm glad you solved your problem. Good luck,

--
Scott
From: John G Harris on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 at 07:54:59, in comp.lang.javascript, Mechphisto
wrote:

>What amuses me is how much wasted

You're being a prat.

John

--
John Harris
From: Garrett Smith on
On 2010-07-15 07:54 AM, Mechphisto wrote:
> On Jul 15, 9:04 am, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn<PointedE...(a)web.de>
> wrote:
>> Garrett Smith wrote:

>>> Ah, that was ambiguous. I meant to say that he (TL) pointed out that you
>>> replied by fullquoting. He also made a snide remark...
>>
>> What you call a snide remark, I call a correction accompanied with a
>> descriptive distinct warning. Not that either way the message got through.
>> But, unfortunately, that is not surprising with a Googlodyte.
>
> What amuses me is how much wasted space, time,

In contrast, I would have been more interested in helping you try and
figure out the problem and if you look at the reply you might see that
was my intention.

BTW I don't see TL as being an ivory tower.
--
Garrett
First  |  Prev  |