From: Laser Lips on
Does anyone know if I can print Chinese chracters ?

alert("Çë×¢ÒâÊý¾Ý½«ÒÔ");

Thanks,
Graham
From: Martin Honnen on
Laser Lips wrote:
> Does anyone know if I can print Chinese chracters ?
>
> alert("请注意数据将以");

Firefox 3 does render those characters in a alert dialog window on a
German edition of Windows XP Professional. However IE 8 on the same
system only renders square boxes for each character.
Safari and Opera also manage to display those characters in an alert
dialog window.

--

Martin Honnen
http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/
From: Laser Lips on
Thanks for the reply. I only need to support IE if anyone has an IE
solution.

Graham
From: Martin Honnen on
Laser Lips wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I only need to support IE if anyone has an IE
> solution.

If the alert dialog does not show such characters then with IE you could
define your own dialog contents with HTML and show it using showModalDialog
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms536759(v=VS.85).aspx

From: Laser Lips on
On Jul 6, 12:56 pm, Martin Honnen <mahotr...(a)yahoo.de> wrote:
> Laser Lips wrote:
> > Thanks for the reply.  I only need to support IE if anyone has an IE
> > solution.
>
> If the alert dialog does not show such characters then with IE you could
> define your own dialog contents with HTML and show it using showModalDialoghttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms536759(v=VS.85).aspx
>
> --
>
>         Martin Honnen
>        http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

Actually, I necessarily need to alert the characters. I just find
that JavaScript doesn’t seem to be able to handle the characters. I'm
going to be writing them to an element on the page, but I can't seem
to do anything with them once JavaScript as hold of them. They turn
into '?' straight away. Alerting is probably the most basic thing I
could think of doing with them.
If I use document.write it still writes questions marks.

Graham Vincent