From: Manolito on
Hi,

I'm working on a API project where I'm using a library containing
Assemblies and Parts.
I need to align the dimensions on Part and Assembly level like on
Drawing level.
This because in the drawing the dimensions are inserted automatically
using the option "Use dimension placement in sketch".

Does anyone know how this can be done in SW2006? Now I have to do it
manually and that looks a little bit crappy and the snap function does
not work on dimensions. I have to align several horizontal dimensions.

Thanks in advance.

Manolito

From: TOP on
FWIW we were shown functionality at SWW for 2007 that supposedly did
this automatically in the drawing.

From: Manolito on
Damn, I thought I was stupid for not using Snap text to grid in the
document properties, but I'm using it. It's strange that I can snap the
vertical dimensions, but not the horizontal one. And the horizontal are
the most importand one.
The problem occurs in SW2005, SW2006 and SW2007. I started the project
in SW2005 and must finishing it for SW2006.

Anyone a clue what this could be?