From: eljainc on
Hello,

I have a problem with .NET programs (C# written using Visual Studio
2005) that are running on a particular computer. When I execute the
programs, there is a delay followed by a dialog box with the name of
the executable on the title bar. There is an error icon with an OK
button. There is no other information displayed. After pressing the
OK button the application exits.

I tried to compile a simple WinForms application. It runs okay on my
apps development PC, but when transferred to and run on the other PC,
it crashes with the same error.

I tried to reload the dot Net 2.0 framework, selecting the repair
option. After doing this the error persists. What could be causing
this? I am fairly sure it is not a virus or such as this computer
does not connect to the internet. I will check for this however.

Thanks for any ideas on the cause of this error.

Mike
From: PvdG42 on

"eljainc" <eljainc(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with .NET programs (C# written using Visual Studio
> 2005) that are running on a particular computer. When I execute the
> programs, there is a delay followed by a dialog box with the name of
> the executable on the title bar. There is an error icon with an OK
> button. There is no other information displayed. After pressing the
> OK button the application exits.
>
> I tried to compile a simple WinForms application. It runs okay on my
> apps development PC, but when transferred to and run on the other PC,
> it crashes with the same error.
>

> I tried to reload the dot Net 2.0 framework, selecting the repair
> option. After doing this the error persists. What could be causing
> this? I am fairly sure it is not a virus or such as this computer
> does not connect to the internet. I will check for this however.
>
> Thanks for any ideas on the cause of this error.
>
> Mike

Same service pack/patch levels on both PC's?

You might also try a complete uninstall of .NET 2.0, followed by a clean
install.

From: Patrice on
Never had this but if I remember, I saw once a thread where the antivirus
messed with message boxes displayed by the app. Same on both ? Have you
tried to disable it ?

Also to verify the "all programs" part I would try a dummy console app that
does nothing special to see if this is really when .NET is initialized or
when a .NET application starts to do something more complex...

If it is really when .NET initializes itself, something like procmon
(http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/default.aspx) could perhaps
help to see for example if a support file is missing...

Good luck.

--
Patrice

"eljainc" <eljainc(a)sbcglobal.net> a �crit dans le message de groupe de
discussion :