From: B Roberts on

Help!
When I turned my PC on today the picture was inverted ie
everything was upside down.

I am running XP and have never had this happen before.

Upart fom tipping my monitor upside down, how
can I fix this?

Help would be appreciated

From: Shenan Stanley on
B Roberts wrote:
> Help!
> When I turned my PC on today the picture was inverted ie
> everything was upside down.
>
> I am running XP and have never had this happen before.
>
> Upart fom tipping my monitor upside down, how
> can I fix this?
>
> Help would be appreciated

Use your video card utility to flip it back.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Elmo on
B Roberts wrote:
> Help!
> When I turned my PC on today the picture was inverted i.e.
> everything was upside down.
>
> I am running XP and have never had this happen before.
>
> Apart from tipping my monitor upside down, how
> can I fix this?
>
> Help would be appreciated

Press Ctrl/Alt-Up Cursor

or

Press Ctrl/Shift-R

...depending on the manufacturer. Use the Video Card utility to disable
this "feature".

--

Joe =o)
From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 08:33:48 +1200, "B Roberts" <gochanz(a)yahoo.co.nz>
wrote:

> Help!
> When I turned my PC on today the picture was inverted ie
> everything was upside down.
>
> I am running XP and have never had this happen before.
>
> Upart fom tipping my monitor upside down, how
> can I fix this?
>
> Help would be appreciated

The ability to rotate the screen image is a feature of your video
card, to help it work with monitors that rotate to portrait
orientation. Almost certainly you accidentally pressed Ctrl-Alt, and
some arrow key.

Rotate it back using those keys.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: B Roberts on

"Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake(a)this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
> On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 08:33:48 +1200, "B Roberts" <gochanz(a)yahoo.co.nz>
> wrote:
>
>> Help!
>> When I turned my PC on today the picture was inverted ie
>> everything was upside down.
>>
>> I am running XP and have never had this happen before.
>>
>> Upart fom tipping my monitor upside down, how
>> can I fix this?
>>
>> Help would be appreciated
>

> The ability to rotate the screen image is a feature of your video
> card, to help it work with monitors that rotate to portrait
> orientation. Almost certainly you accidentally pressed Ctrl-Alt, and
> some arrow key.
>
> Rotate it back using those keys.
>

> --
> Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003
> Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Thanks for that, I hit Control-Alt and and the up arrow and it fixed it.
I learnt something new today!!

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: cannot even get into safe mode