From: PHS on
I have a Form that has some unbound list boxes. The form gets some of its
data from a previous/linked form, but gets other data from a separate table
in the database that has a join field to certain data items on the two forms.
No matter what I do to the Borders of the unbound list boxes (make white,
make Invisible, change style, etc.), I can't get rid of the border from
showing up when I PRINT the form! It does not show up in Form view, or even
print preview! ... but DOES show up when printed out. Any tips/ideas? I've
printed to three different printers, so it does not look like it's a
printer/font thing....
Thanks
From: fredg on
On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 08:38:05 -0700, PHS wrote:

> I have a Form that has some unbound list boxes. The form gets some of its
> data from a previous/linked form, but gets other data from a separate table
> in the database that has a join field to certain data items on the two forms.
> No matter what I do to the Borders of the unbound list boxes (make white,
> make Invisible, change style, etc.), I can't get rid of the border from
> showing up when I PRINT the form! It does not show up in Form view, or even
> print preview! ... but DOES show up when printed out. Any tips/ideas? I've
> printed to three different printers, so it does not look like it's a
> printer/font thing....
> Thanks

Did you set the List Box control's Display When property to Screen
Only?
But then why are you printing the form itself? Forms are not designed
for printing. Create a report with just the controls and data you wish
to report on. Print that.
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.
From: PHS on
No. The list boxes Display When property is set to Always.
Forms may not be "designed" for printing, but that should not preclude the
ability to do so. I used a form to print (in this particular situation)
because I had a completed Word document that I wanted/needed to use as a
template in the form. I then place the data elements (text boxes, list
boxes, etc.) at various locations "in" the document.