From: Charles Kroeger on
Is is possible to get amaya_wx-11.3.1-1_amd64.deb to run on sid?
I've installed it with dpkg but get the following error message:

~$ amaya
/usr/lib/Amaya/wx/bin/amaya_bin: error while loading shared libraries:
libraptor.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory to

I installed libraptor but got this:

libraptor1 is already the newest version.
libraptor1 set to manually installed.

I did remember installing it a while back, come to think of it.

Is it not functioning with apt setting it to manually installed?

thanks,

--
CK

On 7/28/10 2:46 PM, Charles Kroeger wrote:
> Is is possible to get amaya_wx-11.3.1-1_amd64.deb to run on sid?
> I've installed it with dpkg but get the following error message:
>
> ~$ amaya
> /usr/lib/Amaya/wx/bin/amaya_bin: error while loading shared libraries:
> libraptor.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory to
>
> I installed libraptor but got this:
>
> libraptor1 is already the newest version.
> libraptor1 set to manually installed.
>
> I did remember installing it a while back, come to think of it.
>
> Is it not functioning with apt setting it to manually installed?
>
> thanks,

find / |grep libraptor

if you don't come up with it in lib then which ever one is there that
says "1" symlink libraptor.so.1 to it. Then go on about your way, or
you can download the source to amaya and compile it against your
libraptor install (which is what I recommend personally).

On 7/28/10 4:03 PM, Jordan Metzmeier wrote:

> On 07/28/2010 04:11 PM, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
>>
>> find / |grep libraptor
>>
>> if you don't come up with it in lib then which ever one is there that
>> says "1" symlink libraptor.so.1 to it. Then go on about your way, or
>> you can download the source to amaya and compile it against your
>> libraptor install (which is what I recommend personally).
>>

> Perhaps you wanted find's -name option? find / -name 'libraptor*'
>
> - --
> Jordan Metzmeier

I personally prefer to grep over find, but to each their own :P as each
have their own methods to do things that ultimately lead to the same
solution.

On 2010-07-28 21:46 +0200, Charles Kroeger wrote:

> Is is possible to get amaya_wx-11.3.1-1_amd64.deb to run on sid?

If you're using the amd64 architecture, most probably yes. Your
X-Newsreader header suggests that you run i386, however.

> I've installed it with dpkg but get the following error message:
>
> ~$ amaya
> /usr/lib/Amaya/wx/bin/amaya_bin: error while loading shared libraries:
> libraptor.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory to

If you're using i386, that is to be expected; you would however not have
been able to install an amd64 package on i386 without using the
"--force-architecture" switch to dpkg.

> I installed libraptor but got this:
>
> libraptor1 is already the newest version.
> libraptor1 set to manually installed.

You can reinstall it with "aptitude reinstall libraptor1" or
"apt-get --reinstall install libraptor1".

> Is it not functioning with apt setting it to manually installed?

That doesn't matter.

Sven