From: cvgairport on
Ok, here's a toughie. I have a list of numbers in column A and I would like
in column B a smiliar number of asterisks like this:

4 ****
1 *
9 *********

Any ideas?

Amy
From: JR Hester on
Give the REPT Repeat function a try, I think it will fulfill your needs nicely.

From: Ron Rosenfeld on
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 08:33:01 -0800, cvgairport
<cvgairport(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Ok, here's a toughie. I have a list of numbers in column A and I would like
>in column B a smiliar number of asterisks like this:
>
>4 ****
>1 *
>9 *********
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Amy

b1: =rept("*",a1)
--ron
From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
=REPT("*",A1)
--
David Biddulph

From: cvgairport on
Awesome! Thanks!

"JR Hester" wrote:

> Give the REPT Repeat function a try, I think it will fulfill your needs nicely.
>
> "cvgairport" wrote:
>
> > Ok, here's a toughie. I have a list of numbers in column A and I would like
> > in column B a smiliar number of asterisks like this:
> >
> > 4 ****
> > 1 *
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Amy