From: Robert Miles on

"Skybuck Flying" <IntoTheFuture(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> There is one big problem with CRT's, LCD's and possibly even
> televisions...
>
> They all project lot's of light into our eyes, which screws with our
> wake/sleeping pattern.
> (Especially large white area's on the screens.)
>
> Maybe analog/non-light displays could solve such "health" issue's.
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.
I've read that it's likely to be the blue portion of the light that
interferes with the sleep pattern.

Robert Miles

From: Skipai Otter on
"Robert Miles" <milesrf(a)usenet-news.net> wrote in message

> "Skybuck Flying" <IntoTheFuture(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> There is one big problem with CRT's, LCD's and possibly even
>> televisions...
>>
>> They all project lot's of light into our eyes, which screws with our
>> wake/sleeping pattern.
>> (Especially large white area's on the screens.)
>>
>> Maybe analog/non-light displays could solve such "health" issue's.
>>
>> Bye,
>> Skybuck.
> I've read that it's likely to be the blue portion of the light that
> interferes with the sleep pattern.
>
> Robert Miles

Yes, that's correct but that doesn't stop many companies from making alarm
clocks now with bright blue LED backlight stuff. Had to tape over my
display on a DAB clock radio because of that.

--
Skipai

From: George Neuner on
On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 12:47:39 +0100, "Skipai Otter"
<skipai(a)krll-adsl.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>"Robert Miles" <milesrf(a)usenet-news.net> wrote in message
>>
>> I've read that it's likely to be the blue portion of the light that
>> interferes with the sleep pattern.
>>
>> Robert Miles
>
>Yes, that's correct but that doesn't stop many companies from making alarm
>clocks now with bright blue LED backlight stuff. Had to tape over my
>display on a DAB clock radio because of that.

Or automobile manufacturers from using blue console lighting.

Completely off topic but,

<RANT>
I don't know about other people, but the stupid blue consoles hurt my
eyes - even turned down to minimum intensity, at night I see
after-images of the console when I look back to the road. I have
excellent night vision but my eyes don't re-adjust quickly enough any
more after looking at a light - I have trouble with oncoming
headlights too even though I wear yellow lenses to drive.

I currently have an older car that has orange console lighting (turned
to minimum intensity - other people get in my car and can barely see
it) and I hate having to rent a car when I travel. I dread the day my
car will eventually die because I don't know what to replace it with
.... it seems that only some really expensive cars have orange (or
adjustable color) console lighting - almost all mid-range American and
Asian cars use blue - I've seen a handful of green but no red/orange
among them. I've never seen any aftermarket kits to change the
console lighting either.
</RANT>

We now return to the regularly scheduled discussion.
George