|  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
CMov implementation (Was Re: What will Microsoft use its ARM license for?)
Hello, "Brett Davis" <ggtgp(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ggtgp-6E8E47.23285012082010(a)news.isp.giganews.com... In article <i40k1g$ker$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, "nedbrek" <nedbrek(a)yahoo.com> wrote: "Brett Davis" <ggtgp(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message Most RISC chips implement a register move as ... 13 Aug 2010 07:01
CMov implementation (Was Re: What will Microsoft use its ARMlicense for?)
On Aug 12, 7:55 am, "nedbrek" <nedb...(a)yahoo.com> wrote: [snip] Right, the mystery is resolved using physical register numbers.  The renamer provides the number for each source.  You would like there to be one source at this point, although you could make the bypass logic execute the cmov - this would requ... 13 Aug 2010 20:08
Last CFP - International Conference WWW/Internet 2010: 3 September 2010
** Apologies for cross-postings. Please send to interested colleagues and students ** -- CALL FOR PAPERS - Deadline for submissions (last call): 3 September 2010 -- IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE WWW/INTERNET 2010 Timisoara, Romania, 14 - 17 October 2010 ... 11 Aug 2010 14:43
Last CFP - Applied Computing 2010: 3 September 2010
Apologies for cross-postings. Please send to interested colleagues and students -- CALL FOR PAPERS - Deadline for submissions (last call): 3 September 2010 -- IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE APPLIED COMPUTING 2010 October 14 - 16, 2010 – TIMISOARA, ROMANIA (http://www.computing-conf.org/) * Keynote Spe... 11 Aug 2010 14:43
IBM Daisy (VLIW binary translation project) source download?
Hi, I'm trying to access the source code of IBM's Daisy project. While the project web pages are still available at http://www.research.ibm.com/daisy/, the download link http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/daisy redirects to a generic IBM open source page which does not mention the Daisy proje... 11 Aug 2010 04:55
RISC design, was What will Microsoft use its ARM license for?
>One of the original motivations of RISC was that a regular, orthogonal, instruction set might be easier for compilers to deal with. Now the line goes that a compiler can deal with an irregular, non-orthogonal, instruction set. It is my impression that the Berkeley RISC team was using PCC, which was by m... 10 Aug 2010 10:11
Running Windows or Ubuntu on a multi-core CPU is there a way to get the O/S to use only 2 of the CPU's so that the other 2/4/6 CPU's are "free" for programs; in the sense ...
Running Windows or Ubuntu on a multi-core CPU is there a way to get the O/S to use only 2 of the CPU's so that the other 2/4/6 CPU's are "free" for programs; in the sense that those CPU's would have much less context switching and hence be more cache-friendly and pipeline-friendly? -- Regards, Casey ... 9 Aug 2010 13:25
Cost of moving data and the power budget
This chart http://www.coherentlogix.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=67 made me wonder, as usual, how one would feed such a beast, but it also made me wonder if the power consumed by processing (performance/ processor-watt) matters all that much any more, and in what contexts. In ge... 10 Aug 2010 14:41
Branchless RLE decoding (Was Re: Delphi needs opengl gui :))
Andy Glew wrote: On 8/5/2010 7:20 AM, Skybuck Flying wrote: Suppose RLE compression is used, tried it myself. That means a branch for each color. No it doesn't. Just think about it. On comp.arch back a few years agao, this would have been a newbie question. :-) Think branchless co... 8 Aug 2010 10:08
Hardware TLB reloaders
In article <94ad8368-5fbd-4c8a-a016-492a2a6ab11f(a)f42g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>, MitchAlsup <MitchAlsup(a)aol.com> wrote: Do ANY OoO machines with hardware TLB reloaders DRAIN the pipeline to refill a TLB? I have just had a thought. If I recall, several of the System/370 range used 4-way associativity for TL... 11 Aug 2010 16:55
100% without investment online part time jobs..(adsense,datawork,neobux..more jobs)
100% without investment….no registration fee…no need money… Online part time jobs…(googleadsense, dataentry…etc)all type of jobs… work from home..daily 2-3 hours…earn more money without any risk.. Full details at http://adsensejobworkfulldetails.co.cc/ More adsense tips,secrets,increasing money ,seo..a... 5 Aug 2010 01:35
Alphabet_Soup:_a_Collection_of_Microarchitectures
Attempting to describe some microarchitectures in text-only email to a friend inspires me to post this. It would be much better to have lots of drawings illustrating precisely what I am talking about; but this textual notation is fairly compact, can be understood by some people, and in some ways, because it und... 8 Aug 2010 15:36
Delphi needs opengl gui :)
I am thinking 1920x1200x24 bit colors at 60 frames per second. There is simply no way that any cpu can achieve that with simply x86... very maybe sse etc... but I wouldn't hold my breath ! ;) ^ Even if it's just a single loop... Add a few branches in the loop and it's game over 100% for sure ;) Bye, S... 10 Aug 2010 02:36
===Christian Louboutin - www.vipchristianlouboutin.com
Christian Louboutin - www.vipchristianlouboutin.com Christian Louboutin was founded in 1992,France but it rapidly became a worldwide famous brand. There are a lot of stars are the fans of it such as Sarah Jessica Parker, Mariah Carey, Angelina Jolie and Victoria Beckham. Once the red outsole appeared you will ... 4 Aug 2010 03:50
+++ NFL Jerseys On Sale at www.ajerseys.com
NFL Jerseys On Sale at www.ajerseys.com The National Football League (NFL) is the highest level of professional American football. It was formed by eleven teams in 1920 as the American Professional Football Association, with the league changing its name to the National Football League in 1922. The league curre... 3 Aug 2010 23:30
Obvious coherence filter idea?
Might it not make sense to use different granularity bloom filters for coherence filtering? (I have read suggestions of using bloom filters in coherence and having page-granularity coherence, so merging the two seems obvious--especially given the multiple-hash nature of bloom filters.) Unfortunately, I cannot t... 3 Aug 2010 12:31
Warning for laptop users: Starcraft 2 can overheat your computer. (any game can really ;) :))
There seems to be a big discussion going on about the latest and greatest game called: "Starcraft 2 Wing of Liberty" Some people are stupid enough to play it on their laptops lol... with result fried chips ?! ;) :): http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/starcraft2/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-55785055&pid=9396... 4 Aug 2010 00:36
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11