First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Changing the color of objects/primitives only ? (flat shading...) (massive parallel lookup hardware idea...)
(See below for "massive parallel lookup hardware idea, inspired by the old vga cards") (The idea is: instead of writing lookups to the graphics card/video memory/monitor... the lookups become available to the cpu/applications). There might be a way to do what I want with performance benefits all over... Open... 29 Jul 2010 03:09
Redbook on the new z196 mainframes.
<http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpieces/pdfs/sg247833.pdf> Rather impressive. It is not many years ago that Z-systems lagged POWER badly. Briefly: 5.2 GHz OoO, hints at POWER4 like 5 instruction grouping up to 3 instructions decode per clock up to 5 instruction dispatch to functional units per clock 128 KB... 4 Aug 2010 05:59
Effects of Memory Latency and Bandwidth on Supercomputer,Application Performance
Robert Myers <rbmyersusa(a)gmail.com> writes: First, you have to understand that what I think of as a huge problem the DoE (for example) does not even recognize as a problem at all, never mind as a huge problem. .... etc ... I know virtually nothing about the math and coding of these things, and so shou... 27 Jul 2010 09:29
What will Microsoft use its ARM license for?
Will Microsofts design an ARM processor? If so, what operating system will it be intended for? What architectural features would Microsoft be looking for in its own ARM processor? Is the main purpose to be infull control over the next ARM version "ARMv8"? By the way, what characteristics does the Apple ARM Cor... 13 Aug 2010 03:49
Effects of Memory Latency and Bandwidth onSupercomputer,Application Performance
On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 07:49:24 +0100, Brett Davis <ggtgp(a)yahoo.com> wrote: ... dictionary based AI, the last remaining approach to emulating the human mind, as all the other approaches have failed. (Think ELisa with a terra-byte database.) That would be "last remaining that I've thought of", with a strong ... 26 Jul 2010 08:19
Effects of Memory Latency and Bandwidth on Supercomputer,Application Performance
In article <En82o.12$EJ7.2(a)hurricane>, Robert Myers <rbmyersusa(a)gmail.com> wrote: On the Effects of Memory Latency and Bandwidth on Supercomputer. Application Performance. Richard Murphy. Sandia National Laboratories. www.sandia.gov/~rcmurph/doc/latency.pdf This paper has pretty graphs, but like most a... 5 Aug 2010 15:45
High-bandwidth computing (hbc) wiki and mailing list
Thanks for all those who contributed to my RFC on high-bandwidth computing. I have set up a mailing list/discussion forum on google groups: http://groups.google.com/group/high-bandwidth-computing Andy Glew has been kind enough to offer a home for a wiki: http://hbc.comp-arch.net/ That link currently redi... 23 Jul 2010 21:18
Effects of Memory Latency and Bandwidth on Supercomputer,ApplicationPerformance
Thanks to all who contributed their thoughts on high-bandwidth computing. A wiki and mailing list are on their way for those who wish to pursue the discussion. I have previously posted a link here to this article On the Effects of Memory Latency and Bandwidth on Supercomputer. Application Performance. Rich... 29 Jul 2010 12:57
IBM zEnterprise Announced
The latest iteration of IBM mainframe architecture has finally been announced. This box includes x86 and POWER blades inside the frame with special interconnection infrastructure. For more info visit: http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi-bin/ssialias?subtype=ca&infotype=an&appname=iSource&supplier=897&letternum=... 22 Jul 2010 20:13
Last Call for Papers Reminder (extended): International Conference on Signal Processing and Imaging Engineering ICSPIE 2010
Last Call for Papers Reminder (extended): International Conference on Signal Processing and Imaging Engineering ICSPIE 2010 CFP (extended): International Conference on Signal Processing and Imaging Engineering ICSPIE 2010 Draft Paper Submission Deadline (extended): 26 July, 2010 Camera-Ready Papers Due & Registr... 22 Jul 2010 01:38
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13