From: Robert Myers on
Thanks for all those who contributed to my RFC on high-bandwidth computing.

I have set up a mailing list/discussion forum on google groups:

http://groups.google.com/group/high-bandwidth-computing

Andy Glew has been kind enough to offer a home for a wiki:

http://hbc.comp-arch.net/

That link currently redirects to a wiki, which so far has nothing but
mostly my blather in it. I hope this is a low point for the SNR.

Those who already have a gmail address can log in to google groups using
that ID and password.

Very early on, one contributor asked the reasonable question: why a
separate group?

I want to be able to attract contributors who might not naturally
contribute to comp.arch without wearing out the patience of the
comp.arch regulars.

I've forwarded the existing thread to the google groups list by hand.
If you want to continue to post here, please cc the high-bandwidth
computing group.

I'm new to all this. Suggestions are encouraged. Thanks to all who
have contributed so far. I hope the discussion will continue.

Robert.
From: Andy Glew "newsgroup at on
On 7/23/2010 1:35 PM, Robert Myers wrote:
> Thanks for all those who contributed to my RFC on high-bandwidth computing.
>
> I have set up a mailing list/discussion forum on google groups:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/high-bandwidth-computing
>
> Andy Glew has been kind enough to offer a home for a wiki:
>
> http://hbc.comp-arch.net/

> I'm new to all this. Suggestions are encouraged. Thanks to all who have
> contributed so far. I hope the discussion will continue.

If anyone has tools to archive email to a wiki, where the original email
can remain immutable (except perhaps being deleted in case of spam), but
where the email can nevertheleess be annotated and linked to summary
pagesin the wiki - I'd love to try this for Robert's group, as well as
in general.

(It's on my list of stuff to work on after SSL, and after drawing.)