From: xxein on
On Nov 26, 11:33 pm, Darwin123 <drosen0...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Nov 26, 1:30 pm, funkenstein <luke.s...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/49288/title/Signature_of_a...
>
> > anybody have any clue what's going on here?  Thanks :)
>
> Probably electron-positron pair production due to electrons hitting
> ions and other electrons at high speed. The electric field in the
> lightening bolt would produse enough acceleration to produce at least
> some electron-positron pairs.
>        It take at least 511 KeV to produce an electron. It takes at
> least 1022 KeV to produce an electron hole pair. A typical lightening
> bolt starts out with a potential difference of a few million volts.
> One electron, if it accelerated down the entire potential without
> collision, could easily gain a kinetic energy of a few million
> electron volts.
>       I doubt the electron could accelerate without collision in a
> ground to cloud bolt. However, cluds reach pretty high. I suspect way
> up there, where the air pressure is very low, an electron really could
> accelerate to 1022 KeV. It then hits an oygen atom, which takes some
> of the linear momentum out of the electron. And an electron-positron
> pair is made.
>      Such an electron hole pair could be detected by gamma ray
> emission. A positron goes into orbit around an electron, forming a
> positronium. The positronium decays, producing a gamma ray. The
> spectrum of the gamma rays would be very narrow at 511 KeV, producing
> an unmistakable signature.
>     The problem with detecting such a thing is that gamma rays don't
> move very far in the atmosphere. But I suspect there are ways around
> the problem.
>     Could proton-antiproton pairs be made? Probably. Seems unlikely,
> but anything is possible. You would need really high voltages in the
> clouds.

xxein: Non-informative speculation without reproducible results.
From: BURT on
On Nov 27, 4:19 pm, xxein <xx...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> On Nov 26, 11:33 pm, Darwin123 <drosen0...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Nov 26, 1:30 pm, funkenstein <luke.s...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/49288/title/Signature_of_a....
>
> > > anybody have any clue what's going on here?  Thanks :)
>
> > Probably electron-positron pair production due to electrons hitting
> > ions and other electrons at high speed. The electric field in the
> > lightening bolt would produse enough acceleration to produce at least
> > some electron-positron pairs.
> >        It take at least 511 KeV to produce an electron. It takes at
> > least 1022 KeV to produce an electron hole pair. A typical lightening
> > bolt starts out with a potential difference of a few million volts.
> > One electron, if it accelerated down the entire potential without
> > collision, could easily gain a kinetic energy of a few million
> > electron volts.
> >       I doubt the electron could accelerate without collision in a
> > ground to cloud bolt. However, cluds reach pretty high. I suspect way
> > up there, where the air pressure is very low, an electron really could
> > accelerate to 1022 KeV. It then hits an oygen atom, which takes some
> > of the linear momentum out of the electron. And an electron-positron
> > pair is made.
> >      Such an electron hole pair could be detected by gamma ray
> > emission. A positron goes into orbit around an electron, forming a
> > positronium. The positronium decays, producing a gamma ray. The
> > spectrum of the gamma rays would be very narrow at 511 KeV, producing
> > an unmistakable signature.
> >     The problem with detecting such a thing is that gamma rays don't
> > move very far in the atmosphere. But I suspect there are ways around
> > the problem.
> >     Could proton-antiproton pairs be made? Probably. Seems unlikely,
> > but anything is possible. You would need really high voltages in the
> > clouds.
>
> xxein:  Non-informative speculation without reproducible results.- Hide quoted text -

Anti protons cannot make it through the atmosphere.

Mitch Raemsch
From: Enes on
On 27 Lis, 05:33, Darwin123 <drosen0...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Nov 26, 1:30 pm, funkenstein <luke.s...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/49288/title/Signature_of_a...
>
> > anybody have any clue what's going on here?  Thanks :)
>
> Probably electron-positron pair production due to electrons hitting
> ions and other electrons at high speed. The electric field in the
> lightening bolt would produse enough acceleration to produce at least
> some electron-positron pairs.
>        It take at least 511 KeV to produce an electron. It takes at
> least 1022 KeV to produce an electron hole pair. A typical lightening
> bolt starts out with a potential difference of a few million volts.
> One electron, if it accelerated down the entire potential without
> collision, could easily gain a kinetic energy of a few million
> electron volts.
>       I doubt the electron could accelerate without collision in a
> ground to cloud bolt. However, cluds reach pretty high. I suspect way
> up there, where the air pressure is very low, an electron really could
> accelerate to 1022 KeV. It then hits an oygen atom, which takes some
> of the linear momentum out of the electron. And an electron-positron
> pair is made.
>      Such an electron hole pair could be detected by gamma ray
> emission. A positron goes into orbit around an electron, forming a
> positronium. The positronium decays, producing a gamma ray. The
> spectrum of the gamma rays would be very narrow at 511 KeV, producing
> an unmistakable signature.
>     The problem with detecting such a thing is that gamma rays don't
> move very far in the atmosphere. But I suspect there are ways around
> the problem.
>     Could proton-antiproton pairs be made? Probably. Seems unlikely,
> but anything is possible. You would need really high voltages in the
> clouds.

An electrons leaving ions can be accelerated and some of them may
change electric charge, like in atoms usually do.

This is possible to explain thanks for electropositron hipothesis.
Examples:
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.physics/browse_frm/thread/451f3af449c8bbbf/a45e29aad276402e?lnk=gst&q=Enes#a45e29aad276402e
From: BURT on
On Nov 29, 2:08 pm, Enes <pies_na_teo...(a)vp.pl> wrote:
> On 27 Lis, 05:33, Darwin123 <drosen0...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Nov 26, 1:30 pm, funkenstein <luke.s...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/49288/title/Signature_of_a....
>
> > > anybody have any clue what's going on here?  Thanks :)
>
> > Probably electron-positron pair production due to electrons hitting
> > ions and other electrons at high speed. The electric field in the
> > lightening bolt would produse enough acceleration to produce at least
> > some electron-positron pairs.
> >        It take at least 511 KeV to produce an electron. It takes at
> > least 1022 KeV to produce an electron hole pair. A typical lightening
> > bolt starts out with a potential difference of a few million volts.
> > One electron, if it accelerated down the entire potential without
> > collision, could easily gain a kinetic energy of a few million
> > electron volts.
> >       I doubt the electron could accelerate without collision in a
> > ground to cloud bolt. However, cluds reach pretty high. I suspect way
> > up there, where the air pressure is very low, an electron really could
> > accelerate to 1022 KeV. It then hits an oygen atom, which takes some
> > of the linear momentum out of the electron. And an electron-positron
> > pair is made.
> >      Such an electron hole pair could be detected by gamma ray
> > emission. A positron goes into orbit around an electron, forming a
> > positronium. The positronium decays, producing a gamma ray. The
> > spectrum of the gamma rays would be very narrow at 511 KeV, producing
> > an unmistakable signature.
> >     The problem with detecting such a thing is that gamma rays don't
> > move very far in the atmosphere. But I suspect there are ways around
> > the problem.
> >     Could proton-antiproton pairs be made? Probably. Seems unlikely,
> > but anything is possible. You would need really high voltages in the
> > clouds.
>
> An electrons leaving ions can be accelerated and some of them may
> change electric charge, like in atoms usually do.
>
> This is possible to explain thanks for electropositron hipothesis.
> Examples:http://groups.google.com/group/sci.physics/browse_frm/thread/451f3af4...- Hide quoted text -

This is dumb. Particles don't change charge. Why deosn't the electron
and proton come together under their attraction? They are not
oppositely charged.

Mitch Raemsch and Aether science

From: Enes on
On 29 Lis, 23:34, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Nov 29, 2:08 pm, Enes <pies_na_teo...(a)vp.pl> wrote:

> > > Probably electron-positron pair production due to electrons hitting
> > > ions and other electrons at high speed. The electric field in the
> > > lightening bolt would produse enough acceleration to produce at least
> > > some electron-positron pairs.
> > >        It take at least 511 KeV to produce an electron. It takes at
> > > least 1022 KeV to produce an electron hole pair. A typical lightening
> > > bolt starts out with a potential difference of a few million volts.
> > > One electron, if it accelerated down the entire potential without
> > > collision, could easily gain a kinetic energy of a few million
> > > electron volts.
> > >       I doubt the electron could accelerate without collision in a
> > > ground to cloud bolt. However, cluds reach pretty high. I suspect way
> > > up there, where the air pressure is very low, an electron really could
> > > accelerate to 1022 KeV. It then hits an oygen atom, which takes some
> > > of the linear momentum out of the electron. And an electron-positron
> > > pair is made.
> > >      Such an electron hole pair could be detected by gamma ray
> > > emission. A positron goes into orbit around an electron, forming a
> > > positronium. The positronium decays, producing a gamma ray. The
> > > spectrum of the gamma rays would be very narrow at 511 KeV, producing
> > > an unmistakable signature.
> > >     The problem with detecting such a thing is that gamma rays don't
> > > move very far in the atmosphere. But I suspect there are ways around
> > > the problem.
> > >     Could proton-antiproton pairs be made? Probably. Seems unlikely,
> > > but anything is possible. You would need really high voltages in the
> > > clouds.
>
> > An electrons leaving ions can be accelerated and some of them may
> > change electric charge, like in atoms usually do.
>
> > This is possible to explain thanks for electropositron hipothesis.
> > Examples:http://groups.google.com/group/sci.physics/browse_frm/thread/451f3af4...Hide quoted text -

> This is dumb.
The best idea seems dumb at first , it is nothing new.

> Particles don't change charge.
What about neutron, which can be change on a proton or antiproton? For
example.

> Why deosn't the electron and proton come together under their
> attraction? They are not oppositely charged.
>
> Mitch Raemsch and Aether science

What do you meen ? Do not understand you.