From: Daave on
plt(a)wherever.you.want.it.to.be wrote:
> Although I realize Index.dat scanner/remover programs are not exactly
> "spyware" removers, many sites have them as such. One of these
> programs is a crock of fuvg.

What is fuvg? I take it is a bad thing, whatever it is!

From: plt on
On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 23:51:55 -0500, "Daave" <daave(a)example.com> wrote:

>plt(a)wherever.you.want.it.to.be wrote:
>> Although I realize Index.dat scanner/remover programs are not exactly
>> "spyware" removers, many sites have them as such. One of these
>> programs is a crock of fuvg.
>
>What is fuvg? I take it is a bad thing, whatever it is!

I used ROT13 to enclose a naughty word. This used to be a common
practice when Usenet was civil, before it fell into its dark age of
being overpopulated by spoiled, foul-mouthed brats.

In my newsreader, Agent, there is a setting for ROT13 to encode a word
such as s??t. you select the word and apply ROT13 to it. For
example, a terribly politically incorrect word these days with many is
the word 'Christmas' which becomes Puevfgznf when encoded.

From:
http://www.glassgiant.com/geek/rot13/
ROT13 Encoder / Decoder ROT13 is a very simple encryption method. It
is usually used to encode text so that it cannot be read
accidentally. Normally it is used for spoilers (i.e. "Gur tvey va gur
Pelvat Tnzr vf n zna" ) or for off-color jokes (i.e. "'Unir lbh rire
frra zbguonyyf?' 'Lrf.' 'Ubj qvq lbh trg gurve gval yrtf ncneg?" ).
Many newsreaders include ROT13 decoding features, though it's use
seems to be declining.

Method Only alphabetic characters are encoded. This is done by simply
ROTating the letter forwards or backwards 13 letters. For example,
'A' is letter 1. Adding 13 to 1 gives you 14. The fourteenth letter
is 'N'. Therefore 'A' becomes 'N'. 'N', on the other hand, becomes
'A' (14 - 13 = 1). This means you can undo ROT13 encoding by simply
encoding it again.
From: David H. Lipman on
From: <plt(a)wherever.you.want.it.to.be>

| On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 23:51:55 -0500, "Daave" <daave(a)example.com> wrote:

>>plt(a)wherever.you.want.it.to.be wrote:
>>> Although I realize Index.dat scanner/remover programs are not exactly
>>> "spyware" removers, many sites have them as such. One of these
>>> programs is a crock of fuvg.

>>What is fuvg? I take it is a bad thing, whatever it is!

| I used ROT13 to enclose a naughty word. This used to be a common
| practice when Usenet was civil, before it fell into its dark age of
| being overpopulated by spoiled, foul-mouthed brats.

Rediculous !

Just type sh!t and that's that.

--
Dave

From: Gary Woods on
"Lil' Abner" <blvstk(a)dogpatch.com> wrote:

>I dunno, "fuvg" has a nice ring to it... :-)

Furrfu.

From: kristlebawl on
Lil' Abner expressed an opinion:
> I dunno, "fuvg" has a nice ring to it... :-)

I prefer frell, frak, felgercarb, poodoo, shazbot, smurf, dren, fug,
furgle, nerfherder, nimnul, Shol'vah, vandrook and petaQ, because they
go right over so many heads.

--
KristleBawl
"Gort, Klaatu barada niktu" - Gort, I've fallen and I can't get up.

Taglines by http://tagzilla.mozdev.org