From: ZB on
Would it be problematic to add to canvas something like "-backgroundimage"
option (you know, what I mean, there's nothing to explain)?

I'm aware, that I can create an image, then place it usual way at specific
coords - but there's still a question: if canvas can have background filled
with pixels of the same colour, why not with pixels of different colours?
--
Zbigniew
From: Robert Heller on
At 12 Jul 2010 23:41:43 +0200 ZB <zbTHIS-NO(a)ispid.THIS-NOcom.pl> wrote:

> Would it be problematic to add to canvas something like "-backgroundimage"
> option (you know, what I mean, there's nothing to explain)?
>
> I'm aware, that I can create an image, then place it usual way at specific
> coords - but there's still a question: if canvas can have background filled
> with pixels of the same colour, why not with pixels of different colours?

It might also be usefull to do this for frames and toplevels as well,
although it is possible to put an image on a canvas and then treat the
canvas like it was a frame, eg pack'ing or grid'ing child widgets in
it.

--
Robert Heller -- 978-544-6933
heller(a)deepsoft.com -- http://www.deepsoft.com/ModelRailroadSystem/

From: ZB on
Dnia 12.07.2010 Robert Heller <heller(a)deepsoft.com> napisa�/a:

> It might also be usefull to do this for frames and toplevels as well,

Right. And the real "scrollable frame" could be useful sometimes...
--
Zbigniew
From: Harald Oehlmann on
On 13 Jul., 00:19, Robert Heller <hel...(a)deepsoft.com> wrote:
> At 12 Jul 2010 23:41:43 +0200 ZB <zbTHIS...(a)ispid.THIS-NOcom.pl> wrote:
> It might also be usefull to do this for frames and toplevels as well,
> although it is possible to put an image on a canvas and then treat the
> canvas like it was a frame, eg pack'ing or grid'ing child widgets in
> it.

As far as I have understood, ttk::frame might have a theme-dependend
background image.

From: MSEdit on
On Jul 19, 4:24 pm, Harald Oehlmann <wortka...(a)yahoo.de> wrote:
> On 13 Jul., 00:19, Robert Heller <hel...(a)deepsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > At 12 Jul 2010 23:41:43 +0200 ZB <zbTHIS...(a)ispid.THIS-NOcom.pl> wrote:
> > It might also be usefull to do this for frames and toplevels as well,
> > although it is possible to put an image on a canvas and then treat the
> > canvas like it was a frame, eg pack'ing or grid'ing child widgets in
> > it.
>
> As far as I have understood, ttk::frame might have a theme-dependend
> background image.

I don't know if this is any use but on the wiki there is a page called
"Paved Widgets" which creates some filled metawidgets, as indicated on
the page BLT has sime tiling support.

http://wiki.tcl.tk/13415

Martyn
 |  Next  |  Last