From: BruceM via AccessMonster.com on
Hmm???

From: RacheleP on
Thanks Ken and Daniel. It took some trial and error but its working
perfectly now. Thanks again!

Rachele

From: Larry Linson on
>> a a r o n _ k e m p f wrote:

>>Dont delete records??? For any reason, period!?!?!

> "BruceM via AccessMonster.com" <u54429(a)uwe> wrote

> Hmm???

Mr. Kempf is quick to issue edits, but not so quick to explain why and what
to do instead.

There can be good reasons for not deleting records and there can also be
circumstances in which there is nothing to be gained by saving inactive
information. If Mr. Kempf is as knowledgeable as he seems to think himself,
perhaps now he will explain some of those circumstances and the differences
between them.

Larry Linson
Microsoft Office Access MVP

From: BruceM via AccessMonster.com on
I have noted Mr. Kempf's past postings, and was disappointed to see he is
back. Maybe it's just some drive-by ranting, after which he'll disappear
again.

I agree that there are perfectly valid reasons for deleting records, but
perhaps more to the point there will almost certainly be gaps in an
autonumber sequence even if records are never deleted. Of ocurse you know
this, but I wondered if he was going to contend that gaps can be prevented,
and wanted to head off any misdirection on the point.

From: Debra on