From: Dirk Van de moortel on
PD <thedraperfamily(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
3dc9baf5-9166-4d2e-9560-ab762f5d1207(a)e37g2000yqn.googlegroups.com
> On Jan 6, 12:42 am, Pentcho Valev <pva...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

[snip

>> The following illustration of the glorious paradoxicalness of Divine
>> Albert's Divine Special Relativity involves REDUCTIO AD ABSURDUM
>> leading from Einstein's 1905 false light postulate to the genuine
>> absurdity defined above:
>>
>> http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/Hbase/Relativ/bugrivet.html
>> "The bug-rivet paradox is a variation on the twin paradox and is
>> similar to the pole-barn paradox.....The end of the rivet hits the
>> bottom of the hole before the head of the rivet hits the wall. So it
>> looks like the bug is squashed.....All this is nonsense from the bug's
>> point of view. The rivet head hits the wall when the rivet end is just
>> 0.35 cm down in the hole! The rivet doesn't get close to the
>> bug....The paradox is not resolved."
>
> And this explanation on this website is wrong.

I wrote the author ( RodNave(a)gsu.edu ) a friendly e-mail about
this in October 2009.
I never got a reply, so I have just sent a reminder.

Dirk Vdm

From: Sam Wormley on
On 1/21/10 5:08 AM, Pentcho Valev wrote:
> Nowadays both anti-relativists and (clever) relativists know that
> Einstein's special relativity is false...

Hey Pentcho, I remind you that there has never been on observation
that has contradicted a prediction of special relativity. Never!

From: Dirk Van de moortel on
Sam Wormley <swormley1(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
h_CdnZ2pNcMl68XWnZ2dnUVZ_jJi4p2d(a)mchsi.com
> On 1/21/10 5:08 AM, Pentcho Valev wrote:
>> Nowadays both anti-relativists and (clever) relativists know that
>> Einstein's special relativity is false...
>
> Hey Pentcho, I remind you that there has never been an observation
> that has contradicted a prediction of special relativity. Never!

Threre *has* been one such observation.
It is called Pencho Valev.
It contradicts every prediction of special relativity.
Always!

Dirk Vdm
From: Sam Wormley on
On 1/21/10 8:25 PM, Tom Potter wrote:

> "Sam Wormley" <swormley1(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On 1/21/10 5:08 AM, Pentcho Valev wrote:
>>> Nowadays both anti-relativists and (clever) relativists know that
>>> Einstein's special relativity is false...
>>
>> Hey Pentcho, I remind you that there has never been on observation
>> that has contradicted a prediction of special relativity. Never!
>
> My pal Sammy raises a good point!

Thank you, Potter!