From: BURT on
Positrons don't make it through the atmosphere without anihilating
with one of quadrillions of electrons it would react with. What would
make this happen for sure is the attraction of matter and antimatter.
You can't get it in a magneitc field first because that is a matterial
source that it would react with on the spot.

Anti matter is the big emberassment of science.

Mitch Raemsch
From: HardySpicer on
On Jul 5, 8:00 am, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Positrons don't make it through the atmosphere without anihilating
> with one of quadrillions of electrons it would react with. What would
> make this happen for sure is the attraction of matter and antimatter.
> You can't get it in a magneitc field first because that is a matterial
> source that it would react with on the spot.
>
> Anti matter is the big emberassment of science.
>
> Mitch Raemsch

That's right - ye cannae mix matter wi anti-matter captain.

Scotty
From: Jeroen Belleman on
On 07/04/2010 10:00 PM, BURT wrote:

> You can't get [positrons] in a magneitc field first because that is a matterial
> source that it would react with on the spot.

Where did you get that idea?

Keeping positrons or antiprotons in electromagnetic traps works fine.
Google "Penning trap" to get some idea of how this works. The real
trouble is anti-atoms: Once you have neutral atoms, the fields of
the trap can no longer hold them.

Jeroen Belleman
From: bert on
On Jul 4, 5:32 pm, Jeroen Belleman <jer...(a)nospam.please> wrote:
> On 07/04/2010 10:00 PM, BURT wrote:
>

> > You can't get [positrons] in a magneitc field first because that is a matterial
> > source that it would react with on the spot.
>
> Where did you get that idea?
>
> Keeping positrons or antiprotons in electromagnetic traps works fine.
> Google "Penning trap" to get some idea of how this works. The real
> trouble is anti-atoms: Once you have neutral atoms, the fields of
> the trap can no longer hold them.
>
> Jeroen Belleman

Matter and anti-matter gave me my latest theory. "The 5th force"
Posted it in altastronomy early today. TreBert
From: BURT on
On Jul 4, 2:32 pm, Jeroen Belleman <jer...(a)nospam.please> wrote:
> On 07/04/2010 10:00 PM, BURT wrote:
>

> > You can't get [positrons] in a magneitc field first because that is a matterial
> > source that it would react with on the spot.
>
> Where did you get that idea?
>
> Keeping positrons or antiprotons in electromagnetic traps works fine.

How do they get into EM traps made of matter without anihilating?

Mitch Raemsch