From: jkneese on
Is it OK to continue to work while an anti-virus (in this case, Norton) is
running, or should the anti-virus be given full access to the computer?

Thanks for any help.

From: Unknown on
It's ok to continue working.

From: thanatoid on
"jkneese" <jkneese(a)yahoo.com> wrote in

> Is it OK to continue to work while an anti-virus (in this
> case, Norton) is running, or should the anti-virus be given
> full access to the computer?

This makes no sense, because both alternatives mean the same
thing - to me, at least.

Nonetheless, to sort of reply, the ONLY time it is necessary to
run an AV program is to do an on-demand scan of everything you
have dl'd during your last online session *AFTER disconnecting*.

Running it all the time (on- or off-line) just slows down the
computer. THINK before you do anything on the web. No AV program
can think for you. Besides a properly set-up machine is quite
safe, generally. Of course, part of a properly set-up machine is
NOT using IE/OE, but I'll leave that to you to research/think
about.

If you are one of the people who are connected to the net 24/7,
you have other problems (no offense).

--
The arrows are faster than rodents!
- t.
From: Hot-text on
it's OK
It will show your work down some at time to save the work
but it will not stop you from working and you can always pause Norton to
save work
And Restart Norton after save!

From: Peter Foldes on
thanatoid
And you are a complete fool for answering as to what you just did in your post. Go
and discuss your knowledge with your partner Twayne. You are another Andrew E for
giving bad advice and suggestions

--
Peter