From: Ron Patterson on
I had problems with my main hard drive (HD#1) - Windows would load normally
and mouse and key board worked but all the icons were dead - could not load
programs - did System Restore with three previous restore points and still
had same problem - could not believe System Restore did not solve this
problem - entered BIOS and booted into backup hard drive (HD#2) and used a
True Image file (about 2 weeks old) to restore HD#1 - worked fine - shut
off computer.

Later went to boot back up into HD#1 and got message "Error Loading
Operating System" - tried 2 more times - same error - went into BIOS and
booted into HD#2 - no problem - but HD#1 was not shown in Windows
Explorer - also not shown in My Computer under Hard Disk Drives - only
D#2 - however HD#1 is shown in device manager under disk drives - and also
is listed in BIOS.

I have to find a way for computer to recognize this drive HD#1 and assign a
drive letter - help please

Ron