From: kevinp on
I'm sure everyone's got their own opinion about this, but...

Our Trend Micro subscription runs out next month and I'm considering a
cheaper alternative. We're running SBS2003 which has Exchange 2003 and
we have 68 client computers on the network--40 of them being on one
classroom that the students use.

I was considering Microsoft's Security Essentials since it's free, but
I still need something that will work with Exchange. I haven't checked
the pricing on Forefront because it only works with Exchange 2007 or
higher.

Does anyone have any free or cheap suggestions, or should I just renew
our Trend Micro subscription?
From: Susan Bradley on
kevinp wrote:
> I'm sure everyone's got their own opinion about this, but...
>
> Our Trend Micro subscription runs out next month and I'm considering a
> cheaper alternative. We're running SBS2003 which has Exchange 2003 and
> we have 68 client computers on the network--40 of them being on one
> classroom that the students use.
>
> I was considering Microsoft's Security Essentials since it's free, but
> I still need something that will work with Exchange. I haven't checked
> the pricing on Forefront because it only works with Exchange 2007 or
> higher.
>
> Does anyone have any free or cheap suggestions, or should I just renew
> our Trend Micro subscription?

I was considering Microsoft's Security Essentials since it's free

But not legal to be used in a business setting.
From: kj [SBS MVP] on
Susan Bradley wrote:
> kevinp wrote:
>> I'm sure everyone's got their own opinion about this, but...
>>
>> Our Trend Micro subscription runs out next month and I'm considering
>> a cheaper alternative. We're running SBS2003 which has Exchange 2003
>> and we have 68 client computers on the network--40 of them being on
>> one classroom that the students use.
>>
>> I was considering Microsoft's Security Essentials since it's free,
>> but I still need something that will work with Exchange. I haven't
>> checked the pricing on Forefront because it only works with Exchange
>> 2007 or higher.
>>
>> Does anyone have any free or cheap suggestions, or should I just
>> renew our Trend Micro subscription?
>>

> I was considering Microsoft's Security Essentials since it's free
>
> But not legal to be used in a business setting.

At least not legal in that business setting.

Sounding like some kind of edu enviroment which could make for some heafty
discounted product.

--
/kj

From: kevinp on
On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 10:35:18 -0700, "kj [SBS MVP]"
<KevinJ.SBS(a)SPAMFREE.gmail.com> wrote:

>Susan Bradley wrote:
>> kevinp wrote:
>>> I'm sure everyone's got their own opinion about this, but...
>>>
>>> Our Trend Micro subscription runs out next month and I'm considering
>>> a cheaper alternative. We're running SBS2003 which has Exchange 2003
>>> and we have 68 client computers on the network--40 of them being on
>>> one classroom that the students use.
>>>
>>> I was considering Microsoft's Security Essentials since it's free,
>>> but I still need something that will work with Exchange. I haven't
>>> checked the pricing on Forefront because it only works with Exchange
>>> 2007 or higher.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any free or cheap suggestions, or should I just
>>> renew our Trend Micro subscription?
>>>

>> I was considering Microsoft's Security Essentials since it's free
>>
>> But not legal to be used in a business setting.
>
>At least not legal in that business setting.
>
>Sounding like some kind of edu enviroment which could make for some heafty
>discounted product.

I read more about it and I'm checking into renewing our Trend Micro
subscription now. Thanks.

Pages: 1
Prev: ooO suddenly broken.