From: Rk Ch on
SciTE-ru is a custom version of SciTE developed by Russian developer.
It's an awesome texteditor with code autocomplete, function list,
snipts, almost a win/linus Textmate.
But SciTE-ru abcent ruby supporting. How could made it support ruby?
Thanks for any suggestion.

From: Kyle Schmitt on
Umm. Dude, SciTE supports ruby pretty darned well already. So well
that the windows distribution of ruby comes with a SciTE binary.

Well, it did last time I installed it on windows, but that was awhile ago...
I use SciTE on linux frequently for small scripts.

From: rahegge on
Rk Ch wrote:
> SciTE-ru is a custom version of SciTE developed by Russian developer.
> It's an awesome texteditor with code autocomplete, function list,
> snipts, almost a win/linus Textmate.
> But SciTE-ru abcent ruby supporting. How could made it support ruby?
> Thanks for any suggestion.

It does support ruby, but by default, its not a language on the Language
menu. You will need to edit the global options file, to add ruby to the
menu. In order to have it support snippets, you will need to make a
ruby.abbrev file, in the abbrev folder, and create the snippets
yourself. You will also have to add these two lines to the end of the
ruby.properties file.

abbreviations.$(file.patterns.rb)=$(SciteDefaultHome)\abbrev\ruby.abbrev
abbrev.ruby.auto=2

Adam,

From: Rogers Chang on
rahegge wrote:
> Rk Ch wrote:
>> SciTE-ru is a custom version of SciTE developed by Russian developer.
>> It's an awesome texteditor with code autocomplete, function list,
>> snipts, almost a win/linus Textmate.
>> But SciTE-ru abcent ruby supporting. How could made it support ruby?
>> Thanks for any suggestion.
>>
> It does support ruby, but by default, its not a language on the Language
> menu. You will need to edit the global options file, to add ruby to the
> menu. In order to have it support snippets, you will need to make a
> ruby.abbrev file, in the abbrev folder, and create the snippets
> yourself. You will also have to add these two lines to the end of the
> ruby.properties file.
>
> abbreviations.$(file.patterns.rb)=$(SciteDefaultHome)\abbrev\ruby.abbrev
> abbrev.ruby.auto=2
>
> Adam,

Exactly works as instruction!!!
So many thanks.