From: Laljeev M on
Hi

We are using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 platform. We found that any user
can edit the memebership of any Distribution / Security groups through
Outlook. We checked the permission in Domain and also for some of the groups
and no where we mentioned Write Group permission, for testing we denied Write
group for a particular group, but still he can able to edit all group
memberships. Can any one help us

Regards
Lal
From: Laljeev M on
Hi Rich

We created a new OU and a new Group, then we removed all inherited
permission from AD and also using ADSIedit, then we give only the needed
peramission and still everyone can edit this group. Is it a bug from
Microsoft?

Regards
Lal
----Server Management Team----

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 01:55:01 -0700, Laljeev M <news08(a)nospam.nospam>
wrote:

>We created a new OU and a new Group, then we removed all inherited
>permission from AD and also using ADSIedit, then we give only the needed
>peramission and still everyone can edit this group. Is it a bug from
>Microsoft?

I doubt it's a bug in the AD.

Which groups have "Full Control", which have "write members"
permission, which have "special" permission includes the "write
members" permission.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Martin Therkelsen on
Did you check the Group Manager to see if the there has been set an owner
that allows editing of the group?

br
Martin