From: Ben Fullerton on
This is starting to look like a 'dead thread' newsgroup.

As I still need my W98SE, and am having problems with it (or the computer
that I have been running it on), I do not know where else to look for
help.

In the past I have found many solutions to problems here (along with some
'less than helpful' ramblings) and do not know where else to look.

Suggestions?

Ben F.
From: 98 Guy on
Ben Fullerton wrote:

> This is starting to look like a 'dead thread' newsgroup.

It's generally common knowledge that most posts regarding windows 98 are
made to the group microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion.

> As I still need my W98SE, and am having problems with it (or the
> computer that I have been running it on), I do not know where
> else to look for help.

I suggest you make it a habbit to read and post to that group instead of
this one.

There is also the website msfn.org, where there are forums for various
versions of windows. The windows 9x/me forum there is very active.
From: Michael on
Ben Fullerton schrieb:
> This is starting to look like a 'dead thread' newsgroup.
>
> As I still need my W98SE, and am having problems with it (or the computer
> that I have been running it on), I do not know where else to look for
> help.
>
> In the past I have found many solutions to problems here (along with some
> 'less than helpful' ramblings) and do not know where else to look.
>
> Suggestions?

Perhaps
alt.comp.os.windows-98se
would be better suited if you need to ask questions not about Windows 98
but about Windows98SE.
From: Ed on
On 13/02/10 18:49, Ben Fullerton wrote:
> This is starting to look like a 'dead thread' newsgroup.
>
> As I still need my W98SE, and am having problems with it (or the computer
> that I have been running it on), I do not know where else to look for
> help.
>

> Ben F.

What problems are you currently having then Ben?

We maybe also to help if you tell us.

Ed

From: 98 Guy on
Michael wrote:

> Perhaps
> alt.comp.os.windows-98se
> would be better suited if you need to ask questions

I also monitor that group. I haven't seen a post in that group in
years.