From: nepo on
Always wanting to try new things and explore.

I've been playing around with the Opera and Chromium web browsers, and
was thinking about trying out Lotus Symphony.

Anyone have any experience with these?
From: Darrell Stec on
nepo wrote:

> Always wanting to try new things and explore.
>
> I've been playing around with the Opera and Chromium
web browsers, and
> was thinking about trying out Lotus Symphony.
>
> Anyone have any experience with these?

I use Opera when Firefox or Konqueror cannot do
something. I use Konqueror to maintain websites for
clients, Firefox for most internet browsing. Epiphany
crashes every time it tries to go to a webpage. I
can't get Firefox to render the images on the US
patent office website while Konqueror will but with
poor quality. Opera works for that and with very
clear images.

Google's Chromium seems too bloated to me.

--
Later,
Darrell
From: nepo on
On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 19:57:07 +0100, houghi wrote:

> nepo wrote:
>> I've been playing around with the Opera and Chromium web browsers, and
>> was thinking about trying out Lotus Symphony.
>>
>> Anyone have any experience with these?
>
> Unfortunatly I was once forced to work with it. It looks great on paper
> and is a nightmare in reality.
>
> houghi

Forced to work with what exactly?

From: nepo on
On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 14:27:48 -0500, Darrell Stec wrote:

> nepo wrote:
>
>> Always wanting to try new things and explore.
>>
>> I've been playing around with the Opera and Chromium
> web browsers, and
>> was thinking about trying out Lotus Symphony.
>>
>> Anyone have any experience with these?
>
> I use Opera when Firefox or Konqueror cannot do something. I use
> Konqueror to maintain websites for clients, Firefox for most internet
> browsing. Epiphany crashes every time it tries to go to a webpage. I
> can't get Firefox to render the images on the US patent office website
> while Konqueror will but with poor quality. Opera works for that and
> with very clear images.
>
> Google's Chromium seems too bloated to me.

For years Firefox has been and still is my primary browser. I had no
problems with the US patent office site BTW.

Don't think I've ever used Epiphany.

Chromium isn't the greatest but comes with developer tools already
installed. Unlike Firefox where you have to install a add-on. However I
don't like the look of Chromium.

Opera has some potential, but I don't like clicking a link then being
directed to a 302 Found

The document has moved here.
Apache Server at my.opera.com Port 80

page when browsing to another page in the opera domain. Really interested
in Opera Unite though.

From: DenverD on
> Forced to work with what exactly?

my guess is he was talking about Symphony....i tried it back in about
97 and SUCKED big time..

--
DenverD (Linux Counter 282315) via Thunderbird 2.0.0.23 (20090817),
KDE 3.5.7 "release 72-11", openSUSE Linux 10.3, 2.6.22.19-0.4-default
#1 SMP i686 athlon