From: Barry Watzman on
I need a restore CD for a LATE Toshiba 2805 laptop from about 2001 (with
Windows ME). This would be for a 2805-S402, or any of the 2805-S5xx or
2805-S6xx series that have NVidia Video, Firewire ports and SmartMedia
slots [Early 2805's, like the 2805-S201, -S202, -S301, -S302 and -S401
have S3 video and neither the Firewire port nor a SmartMedia slot]. If
anyone has one and would be willing to duplicate it and send me a copy,
please contact me. I would pay a nominal fee to cover your costs.
Thanks, Barry Watzman, Watzman(a)neo.rr.com
From: Eugene Maes on
When I was looking recovery disks for older hp, I located restoredisks.com.
Check them out, they helped me.

RestoreDisks.com
3645 Marketplace Blvd.
Suite 130
East Point, Georgia 30344
Customer Service: 678-715-3329

EJM737

From: pip22 on

For a nominal fee, Toshiba will supply replacement backup media:
https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

It is illegal to copy backup/recovery media to give/sell to someone
else.
Only copies for one's own use (as a backup in case of loss or damage to
the originals) is allowed. Which is probably why no-one has replied to
your request.

From: John Doue on
pip22 wrote:
> For a nominal fee, Toshiba will supply replacement backup media:
> https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx
>
> It is illegal to copy backup/recovery media to give/sell to someone
> else.
> Only copies for one's own use (as a backup in case of loss or damage to
> the originals) is allowed. Which is probably why no-one has replied to
> your request.

Either you work for Toshiba, MS, or you jump too fast to conclusions!
Barry certainly knows about those technicalities. The reason no-one
answered is much more likely to be, this NG is not too active.

--
John Doue
From: spamme9 on
Barry Watzman wrote:
> I need a restore CD for a LATE Toshiba 2805 laptop from about 2001 (with
> Windows ME). This would be for a 2805-S402, or any of the 2805-S5xx or
> 2805-S6xx series that have NVidia Video, Firewire ports and SmartMedia
> slots [Early 2805's, like the 2805-S201, -S202, -S301, -S302 and -S401
> have S3 video and neither the Firewire port nor a SmartMedia slot]. If
> anyone has one and would be willing to duplicate it and send me a copy,
> please contact me. I would pay a nominal fee to cover your costs.
> Thanks, Barry Watzman, Watzman(a)neo.rr.com
I had excellent luck downloading everything i needed for may 2805-s603
at the toshiba site. But I was using win2k and xp.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp#
When you select portable category, family Satellite, you won't find it
until you click the "show older models" in the column header "choose model"

Some of the ME drivers are listed in the win2k driver list,
so check all the OS versions.

mike