From: bczrx on

ok, I'm in a hurry and apologize if this has already been mentioned.

The Inspiron 1545 can TURN OFF battery recharging if you want to do so,
thus obliviating the need to remove the battery.

Go to Power Options, Battery Meter [lower left], Battery Life Tab and
click 'Disable Battery Charging'. This resets every time you boot up,
but it prevents constant charging while plugged in and on for hours in a
day.

Again, I'm sorry if this is a repeat. I just couldn't read through the
other 6 pages. I'm out of internet time for tonight.