From: buck on
I have a perl script written by Christian Mock obtained from
http://www.tahina.priv.at/~cm/spam/ . The purpose of this code is to
ask SMTP servers not already whitelisted in greylist,sqlite DB to wait a
while and then retry sending to my Postfix SMTP server (selective SPAM
control). The script does not work as I'd like, so I'd like for it to
be thoroughly commented and modified so that it does what I want. I am
not capable of doing that.

If anyone is willing to comment and/or modify the code, it can be
downloaded from ftp://andthatsjazz.org/pub/meta-greylist and uploaded to
ftp://andthatsjazz.org/incoming.

Alternatively, if anyone knows of an existing script that is better, a
link to it would be welcome.
--
buck
From: RedGrittyBrick on
On 16/02/2010 20:20, buck wrote:
> I have a perl script written by Christian Mock obtained from
> http://www.tahina.priv.at/~cm/spam/ . The purpose of this code is to
> ask SMTP servers not already whitelisted in greylist,sqlite DB to wait a
> while and then retry sending to my Postfix SMTP server (selective SPAM
> control). The script does not work as I'd like, so I'd like for it to
> be thoroughly commented and modified so that it does what I want.

Sounds like what ESR characterizes as an open-ended time-sink.

> I am not capable of doing that.

Have you considered expanding your capabilities?

> If anyone is willing to comment and/or modify the code, it can be
> downloaded from ftp://andthatsjazz.org/pub/meta-greylist and uploaded to
> ftp://andthatsjazz.org/incoming.
>
> Alternatively, if anyone knows of an existing script that is better, a
> link to it would be welcome.

You didn't say how much you are willing to pay someone to do this work
for you. I assume zero.

I sense that you need to research a bit more about what motivates people
to dedicate time and effort to a project for free. I don't feel you're
hitting the right buttons.

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#explicit
http://catb.org/~esr/writings/
From: Peter J. Holzer on
On 2010-02-16 20:20, buck <buck(a)private.mil> wrote:
> I have a perl script written by Christian Mock obtained from
> http://www.tahina.priv.at/~cm/spam/ . The purpose of this code is to
> ask SMTP servers not already whitelisted in greylist,sqlite DB to wait a
> while and then retry sending to my Postfix SMTP server (selective SPAM
> control). The script does not work as I'd like, so I'd like for it to
> be thoroughly commented and modified so that it does what I want. I am
> not capable of doing that.

I would assume that Christian is willing to adapt the script to your
needs at his usual hourly rate. You can find his company at
http://www.coretec.at/.

hp

From: buck on
RedGrittyBrick <RedGrittyBrick(a)spamweary.invalid> wrote in news:4b7bc811
$0$2525$da0feed9(a)news.zen.co.uk:

> You didn't say how much you are willing to pay someone to do this work
> for you. I assume zero.

You are presuming something not true. I don't make an offer because I
expect someone to read the comments in the file and suggest to me the
amount of time and a rate. That's the kind of person I want to deal
with.
--
buck
From: Uri Guttman on

b> RedGrittyBrick <RedGrittyBrick(a)spamweary.invalid> wrote in news:4b7bc811
b> $0$2525$da0feed9(a)news.zen.co.uk:

>> You didn't say how much you are willing to pay someone to do this work
>> for you. I assume zero.

b> You are presuming something not true. I don't make an offer because I
b> expect someone to read the comments in the file and suggest to me the
b> amount of time and a rate. That's the kind of person I want to deal
b> with.

then you are in the wrong place. the guidelines here say no jobs
posting. go to jobs.perl.org if you want to hire a perl hacker. your
original post didn't specify if you wanted to pay or get free work. that
was a no-no too.

uri

--
Uri Guttman ------ uri(a)stemsystems.com -------- http://www.sysarch.com --