From: Massimo Manghi on
Apache Rivet 2.0.1 has been released yesterday

Apache Rivet is a system for creating dynamic web content via a
programming language integrated with Apache Web Server. It is designed
to be fast, powerful and extensible, consume few system resources, be
easy to learn, and to provide the user with a platform that can also
be used for other programming tasks outside the web (GUI's, system
administration tasks, text processing, database manipulation, XML, and
so on). In order to meet these goals, we have chosen the Tcl
programming language to combine with the Apache Web Server.

Rivet website is at http://tcl.apache.org/rivet/,

release notes are also at the page

http://tcl.apache.org/rivet/static/rn-2-0.html

A summary of the changes in the new release.

- manual pages in html form are now included in the archive (users
needing the no-chunk version of the manual have to build it on their
own)

- fixed installation target in Makefile.am that printed several
(albeit harmless) error messages

- fixed wrong installation path for librivetparser

- fixed a bug in mod_rivet that caused segfaults when handling some
configuration parameters

- fixed support for Session package when used with a Postgres backend

- fixed bug in the Postgres module of DIO

- new package Calendar (see manual pages)

- documentation extended to cover package 'form', a helper tool to
build html form.

-- Massimo Manghi
From: gavino on
On Jul 14, 8:34 am, Massimo Manghi <massimo.man...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Apache Rivet 2.0.1 has been released yesterday
>
> Apache Rivet is a system for creating dynamic web content via a
> programming language integrated with Apache Web Server. It is designed
> to be fast, powerful and extensible, consume few system resources, be
> easy to learn, and to provide the user with a platform that can also
> be used for other programming tasks outside the web (GUI's, system
> administration tasks, text processing, database manipulation, XML, and
> so on). In order to meet these goals, we have chosen the Tcl
> programming language to combine with the Apache Web Server.
>
> Rivet website is athttp://tcl.apache.org/rivet/,
>
> release notes are also at the page
>
> http://tcl.apache.org/rivet/static/rn-2-0.html
>
> A summary of the changes in the new release.
>
> - manual pages in html form are now included in the archive (users
> needing the no-chunk version of the manual have to build it on their
> own)
>
> - fixed installation target in Makefile.am that printed several
> (albeit harmless) error messages
>
> - fixed wrong installation path for librivetparser
>
> - fixed a bug in mod_rivet that caused segfaults when handling some
> configuration parameters
>
> - fixed support for Session package when used with a Postgres backend
>
> - fixed bug in the Postgres module of DIO
>
> - new package Calendar (see manual pages)
>
> - documentation extended to cover package 'form', a helper tool to
> build html form.
>
> -- Massimo Manghi

nice!
and forums style apps on rivet similar to like getbig.com forums?
is the backend fast like fastcgi etc?
any continuations?