From: Tony Holmes on
uname -a:

FreeBSD px1.cwahi.com 7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #2: Fri Jul 20
08:42:22 EDT 2007 tony(a)db.cwahi.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CWahi amd64

px1 is a jail created with ezjail with nullfs mounted links

I have built apache from an nfs mounted ports tree, and when I run it I get:

px1# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache.sh start
Starting apache.
Syntax error on line 206 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_mmap_static.so into server:
/usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_mmap_static.so: Undefined symbol "ap_null_cleanup"

If I comment out the mod_mmap_static.so, the next one complains:

px1# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache.sh start
Starting apache.
Syntax error on line 207 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_vhost_alias.so into server:
/usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_vhost_alias.so: Undefined symbol "ap_table_setn"

I googled and found references to this but the solution was just to rebuild
the port and all modules - which I did and still no go.

Ideas?

--
Tony Holmes

Ph: (416) 993-1219

Founder and Senior Systems Architect
Crosswinds Internet Communications Inc.
On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 11:41:36AM -0400, Tony Holmes wrote:
> I googled and found references to this but the solution was just to rebuild
> the port and all modules - which I did and still no go.
>
> Ideas?

First, you didn't state what version of Apache, so I'll assume 2.2.

This almost looks like an APR incompatibility (Apache's bundled APR vs.
a newer version installed in pods). Do you happen to have devel/apr
or devel/apr-svn installed?

--
| Jeremy Chadwick jdc at parodius.com |
| Parodius Networking http://www.parodius.com/ |

> First, you didn't state what version of Apache, so I'll assume 2.2.
>
> This almost looks like an APR incompatibility (Apache's bundled APR vs.
> a newer version installed in pods). Do you happen to have devel/apr
> or devel/apr-svn installed?

Ah, my bad! I always seem to miss 1 piece of vital info :)

I had a similar experience with Apache 2 and opted to use apache13-modssl
from ports. Portsnap done July 26, 1PM EST

The make options:

px1# make APACHE_BUFFERED_LOGS=yes WITH_APACHE_PERF_TUNING=yes
WITH_APACHE_LATESTLOG=yes install

Prior to that only perl 5.8.8 was installed via ports.