From: Gerry on
One of my apps has decided it wants to open off to the right of my
screen how do I get it back on my screen so I can work with it?
From: Jolly Roger on
In article <everyday-CD467B.11180203072010(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Gerry <everyday(a)sunrise.net> wrote:

> One of my apps has decided it wants to open off to the right of my
> screen how do I get it back on my screen so I can work with it?

Which app?

Have you tried moving the preferences for this application out of the
~/Library/Preferences folder?

JR
From: Gerry on
In article <jollyroger-FCC284.13452703072010(a)news.individual.net>,
Jolly Roger <jollyroger(a)pobox.com> wrote:

> In article <everyday-CD467B.11180203072010(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> Gerry <everyday(a)sunrise.net> wrote:
>
> > One of my apps has decided it wants to open off to the right of my
> > screen how do I get it back on my screen so I can work with it?
>
> Which app?
>
> Have you tried moving the preferences for this application out of the
> ~/Library/Preferences folder?

RadioShark is the app, and I checked the Preferences and was unable to
locate any file for this app.

I've fixed the problem by starting up from one of my external hard
drives and copying the RadioShark app from here to my internal drive,
replacing the old version. Rebooted and now everything is fine.

The source of the problem may have been a game that I regularly play
that changes the screen resolution for the game and then resets it when
quitting, but today if forze and I was unable to force quit it so had to
do a hard reboot. But RadioShark was no an app that had been running at
that time so am unsure as to what caused the off-screen behaviour.

I would very much like to know how one would get a app who is off screen
back home just for future reference.
From: John McWilliams on
Gerry wrote:
> In article <jollyroger-FCC284.13452703072010(a)news.individual.net>,
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger(a)pobox.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <everyday-CD467B.11180203072010(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
>> Gerry <everyday(a)sunrise.net> wrote:
>>
>>> One of my apps has decided it wants to open off to the right of my
>>> screen how do I get it back on my screen so I can work with it?
>> Which app?
>>
>> Have you tried moving the preferences for this application out of the
>> ~/Library/Preferences folder?
>
> RadioShark is the app, and I checked the Preferences and was unable to
> locate any file for this app.
>
> I've fixed the problem by starting up from one of my external hard
> drives and copying the RadioShark app from here to my internal drive,
> replacing the old version. Rebooted and now everything is fine.
>
> The source of the problem may have been a game that I regularly play
> that changes the screen resolution for the game and then resets it when
> quitting, but today if forze and I was unable to force quit it so had to
> do a hard reboot. But RadioShark was no an app that had been running at
> that time so am unsure as to what caused the off-screen behaviour.
>
> I would very much like to know how one would get a app who is off screen
> back home just for future reference.

Change the resolution to showing the most pixels possible.

--
john mcwilliams
From: Gerry on
In article <i0o3pu$ef5$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
John McWilliams <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote:

> Gerry wrote:

> > I would very much like to know how one would get a app who is off screen
> > back home just for future reference.
>
> Change the resolution to showing the most pixels possible.

My monitor was already set to the largest size.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Clear Recent docs in Acrobat
Next: smooth scrolling?