From: JD on
Did you ever find a solution for this issue? I need to figure out how to do this as well...

Rol wrote:

Append to PDF file using the OutputTo command
14-Apr-08

I am using the DoCmd.OutputTo command in Access 2007 to output reports in PDF
format. is it possible to make this command append to an already existing PDF
file?

Many thanks

Rolf

On Monday, April 14, 2008 8:29 AM
Rol wrote:

Append to PDF file using the OutputTo command
I am using the DoCmd.OutputTo command in Access 2007 to output reports in PDF
format. is it possible to make this command append to an already existing PDF
file?

Many thanks

Rolf

Add Windows GridView control in WPF dynamically in C#.
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ab67a9fa-7fe1-4995-a6e1-bf33de76bd69/add-windows-gridview-cont.aspx
From: tighe on
all,
below is code i use, hope it helps. i have the "Acrobat Adobe 8.0 Type
library" reference. i figure it should work in earlier versions but doubt
you can reference the library if you just have PDF viewer. the save file can
be the same as the orginal, i have also looped this type of code.

Function PDF_Combine_Final()
Dim AcroExchApp As Acrobat.CAcroApp
Dim AcroExchPDDoc As Acrobat.CAcroPDDoc
Dim AcroExchInsertPDDoc As Acrobat.CAcroPDDoc
Dim strFileName As String, strPath As String
Dim iNumberOfPagesToInsert As Integer
Dim iLastPage As Integer

Set AcroExchApp = CreateObject("AcroExch.App")
Set AcroExchPDDoc = CreateObject("AcroExch.PDDoc")

strFileName = "C:\OriginalFile.pdf"
AcroExchPDDoc.Open (strFileName)

iLastPage = AcroExchPDDoc.GetNumPages - 1
Set AcroExchInsertPDDoc = CreateObject("AcroExch.PDDoc")

AcroExchInsertPDDoc.Open ("C:\FileToInsert.pdf")
iNumberOfPagesToInsert = AcroExchInsertPDDoc.GetNumPages

AcroExchPDDoc.InsertPages iLastPage, AcroExchInsertPDDoc, 0,
iNumberOfPagesToInsert, 0
AcroExchInsertPDDoc.Close

PDF_Combine_Final_Exit:
AcroExchPDDoc.Save 1, "C:\NewFile.pdf"

AcroExchApp.Exit

Exit Function

End Function

From: Mark Andrews on
You should be able to shell out to run some kind of command line app to
merge pdf files (without having Adobe Acrobat and doing automation).
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLL_en&q=pdf+append
I believe there are a ton of options.

I think stephen lebans code appends pdf files as well.

HTH,
Mark
RPT Software
http://www.rptsoftware.com

From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
JD wrote:

>I am using the DoCmd.OutputTo command in Access 2007 to output reports in PDF
>format. is it possible to make this command append to an already existing PDF
>file?

>Is there any way, from within Access, to concatenate several PDF
>reports?

Install the open source software PDFCreator. (Watch out for the
*rsehole $$$ software with the same name.)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ Take a look at the VB
Script options in the C:\Program Files\PDFCreator\Scripts folder.
Figure out which one you need. With a bit of work you can convert the
VBScript code to VBA code.

As does Lebans solution although it's buried deep in the code. Given
that A2010 no longer supports snapshot format files which Lebans
solution creates first then I'd suggest using the above solution or
the others in this thread.

A2000ReportToPDF is an Access 2000 database containing a function to
convert Reports and Snapshot files to PDF documents. No PDF Printer
driver is required. Free.http://www.lebans.com/reporttopdf.htm

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: David W. Fenton on
"Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews(a)telusplanet.net> wrote in

> Install the open source software PDFCreator. (Watch out for the
> *rsehole $$$ software with the same name.)
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ Take a look at the VB
> Script options in the C:\Program Files\PDFCreator\Scripts folder.
> Figure out which one you need. With a bit of work you can convert
> the VBScript code to VBA code.

Er, there are native VBA examples for Access, Excel and Word.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/