From: Tinkerer Atlarge on
Mr. X <fake(a)spam.net> wrote:

> Of course, you should install VICE on every machine you set up! :D
>
> http://www.viceteam.org/

I have to admit I'd never heard of VICE before, but I just tried it out
and it's awsome!! In fact this whole scene is. I never thought I'd see
this again:

MONITOR
PC SR AC XR YR SP
; FB000 00 00 00 00 FA
ZR
PC AF BC DE HL IX SP
Z; 01A26 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 1BA0
0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
ZA 08000 3E 20 LD A,$20
ZA 08002 11 00 04 LD DE,$0400
ZA 08005 12 LD (DE),A
ZA 08006 13 INC DE
ZA 08007 21 EB 07 LD HL, $07EB
ZA 0800A ED 52 SBC HL,DE
ZA 0800C 20 F7 JR NZ,$8005
ZA 0800E C9 RET
ZA 0800F

What an absolutely cool way to clear the screen!

I found the long-lost ZMON in CDU2-01.D64 in
http://www.bombjack.org/commodore/disks/commodore_diskuser/commodore_dis
kuser_extra.zip
I'd never heard of that website (or D64 disk images either) when I first
browsed this newsgroup a few days ago.

VICE (2.1) switches cleanly between both the C128's cpus and both its
video modes without a glitch on my powerpc eMac. It even remaps Color
Memory to $1000 when the Z80 is running.

I was expecting a day of fiddling with configuration files but it worked
first go.

VICE is great programming and a polished piece of work.

A credit to all concerned.
From: Tom Lake on
> Of course, you should install VICE on every machine you set up! :D
>
> http://www.viceteam.org/

When I go there, I get the 2.1 version. In order to get the 2.2 version I
have to go to

http://vice-emu.sourceforge.net/

Tom Lake