From: David Probett on
I ordered my "IPHONE 4 BLACK 32GB-GBR" from the UK Apple Store on 15
June and received an advice that shipment would not be until 02 July,
with delivery around 5 or 6 July.

Then I read that Apple are experiencing stock shortages and that
orders are being delayed even further, or, in the USA, cancelled
completely.

This morning, however, I received an e-mail advice that the item had
been shipped, via TNT, and that I should expect to receive it
tomorrow, 24 June, as per the original advertising publicity.

Weird, but, hopefully, very pleasing.

David
From: Stephen2 on
On Jun 23, 9:56 am, David Probett <davidprob...(a)pobox.com> wrote:
> I ordered my "IPHONE 4 BLACK 32GB-GBR" from the UK Apple Store on 15
> June and received an advice that shipment would not be until 02 July,
> with delivery around 5 or 6 July.
>
> Then I read that Apple are experiencing stock shortages and that
> orders are being delayed even further, or, in the USA, cancelled
> completely.
>
> This morning, however, I received an e-mail advice that the item had
> been shipped, via TNT, and that I should expect to receive it
> tomorrow, 24 June, as per the original advertising publicity.
>
> Weird, but, hopefully, very pleasing.
>
> David

I wonder if the stock shortages are anything to do with the well
reported antenna problems some people are experiencing. Do you think
apple kept the stock low deliberately, as in the initial batch was
buggy, so they can fix the hardware and ship iphone 4s with the
revision? Or is the stock shortage just how Apple rolls (it seems to
be like this with most new Apple products).

Do any UK users have the antenna problem btw? I'm tempted to hold off
buying one if it is as wide-spread as the blogs are reporting.
From: IanM on
>Do any UK users have the antenna problem btw?

yes, see

http://forum.o2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=45494&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

From: David Probett on
On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 12:50:48 +0100, "IanM" <nospam(a)nospam.co.uk>
wrote:

>>Do any UK users have the antenna problem btw?
>
>yes, see
>
>http://forum.o2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=45494&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I bought the 'bumpers' at the same time anyway - so that should fix
the problem, if it exists.

My main problem with the iPhone 4 is that it won't work cos T-Mobile
cannot/will not supply the relevant mini-sim until they are supplying
the phone to customers.

I don't know whether they are fobbing me off or it's what their
frontline telephone team are told to say.

(This from a bunch that sold me an HTC HD2 with the assurance that it
would use the T-Mobile own backup service and runs Android - WRONG on
both counts!)

Regards - David
From: alexd on
Meanwhile, at the uk.telecom.mobile Job Justification Hearings, David
Probett chose the tried and tested strategy of:

> (This from a bunch that sold me an HTC HD2 with the assurance that it
> would use the T-Mobile own backup service and runs Android - WRONG on
> both counts!)

Slam-dunk case of misrepresenting the product to secure the sale, surely?

--
<http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) (UnSoEsNpEaTm(a)ale.cx)
21:17:32 up 2 days, 8:45, 5 users, load average: 0.13, 0.22, 0.13