From: Steve Easton on
Windows XP?
Delete the contents of the prefetch folder C:\Windows\Prefetch
and reboot.

If that doesn't do it set the machine to clear pagefyle.sys on shutdown.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]
"ClearPageFileAtShutdown"=dword:00000001

and then reboot twice.

--

Steve Easton

From: garydbutler on
Still no luck. I've tried all the above procedures with no luck. Looks like
my best bet is good old FDISK and reinstall.