From: JY on
> > 2. Given that I want to temporarily install the device driver, what would
> > be
> > the best APIs to use ? (so that no entries go into even Add / Remove
> > progams)? Would DriverPackageInstall/ DriverPackagePreInstall() be the
> > best
> > choices (from DIFx)?
> >

> I haven't used DIFx, but doesn't SetupCopyOEMInfFile() do the job?
>
> Also, do you support when the user plugs the device first and then cancels
> the installation when Windows can't find the driver? There is a way for
> your app to later install the driver and then bind it to the cancelled
> hardware installation to activate the device. I've never done that.

I could also use SetupCopyOEMInfFile() but I think I read that
DriverPackageInstall/ DriverPackagePreInstall() do not make entries in Add /
Remove Programs. Not sure if SetupCopyOEMInfFile() does that. Also, is
SetupCopyOEMInfFile() deprecated?
From: David Ching on
"JY" <sd(a)nospamgroup.com> wrote in message

> I could also use SetupCopyOEMInfFile() but I think I read that
> DriverPackageInstall/ DriverPackagePreInstall() do not make entries in Add
> /
> Remove Programs. Not sure if SetupCopyOEMInfFile() does that. Also, is
> SetupCopyOEMInfFile() deprecated?

No Add/Remove entries are added, am not aware it is deprecated.

-- David

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
Note also that you can go to www.osr.com, register there, and ask questions on fhe ntdev
mailing list.
joe

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 05:55:32 -0800, "David Ching" <dc(a)remove-this.dcsoft.com> wrote:

>"JY" <sd(a)nospamgroup.com> wrote in message
>
>> I could also use SetupCopyOEMInfFile() but I think I read that
>> DriverPackageInstall/ DriverPackagePreInstall() do not make entries in Add
>> /
>> Remove Programs. Not sure if SetupCopyOEMInfFile() does that. Also, is
>> SetupCopyOEMInfFile() deprecated?
>
>No Add/Remove entries are added, am not aware it is deprecated.
>
>-- David

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com